Engine room door lock on 3988-gctid404925

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine room door lock on 3988-gctid404925

Has anyone replaced the lock mechanism on the cockpit / engine room access door on their 3988? If so, where can one be found?

Part number may be 13139 but as usual the parts catalog on the Bayliner customer care site is lacking proper info.

I thought that was ordinary cabinet door hardware available at better hardware stores.

Comment

The lock is a Perko model 0931 version #1

and can be ordered from any marine dealer

http://www.perko.com/catalog/categor...s/product/115/

"Adios Dinero"
      1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
      Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Gary, you are of enormous assistance on BOC, and I thank you. I took the number on the lock to a normal house locksmith, and he quite easily cut me a key. They are a quite standard blank.

Cheers

Comment

Most parts for all boat manufacturing are sourced from multi builder suppliers.

I jusr seem to have a knack of knowing where to source things due to having

owned over 20 boats in my life and building two as well.
          "Adios Dinero"
          1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
          Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Do you know where I can find replacement portal latches? Just bought a 99 3988 and all the portal window latches are broken or frozen. They have a single turn knob and a claw that presses on the window frame. These are the portal windows on either side of the forward berth and in the bathrooms. Thanks.
            Guntar
            1999 3988
            Cummins 270s

Comment

Working...
            X