Broken Hatch Part-gctid404794

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Hatch Part-gctid404794

One of the plastic thru lens parts that hold the locking handles on the forward hatch has broken. It is the threaded part that the handle screws into. Anyone know the manufacturer and/or part number of the hatch or where I can obtain replacement parts? Thanks for the help

If it's a Bomar, go to Pompanette. Very reasonable http://www.pompanette.com/bomar

Comment

I was just wondering about this today thanks for the post....

Comment

On the assumption that my hatch was built by Bomar, I contacted them and after a number of correspondences, we determined that the part that I needed (mushroom cap) was no longer available. I ended up ordering two complete latch assemblies (left and right) from them that are of a different design but should work. Thanks for the inputs.

Comment

If you guys want that part, I had a bunch of them made up. They are the mushroom cap and are not available from Bomar anymore. I ordered two different parts from them after speaking with somethere and neither were correct. Wasted a bunch of time and money.So I bought a piece of high quality Acetal / Delrin rod stock and had my buddle spin a bunch out of the lathe. They are actually better quality that the originals. The caps are threaded to take the clamp down handle threaded shaft. I also have the spacer donut ( not shown in the picture as I had these made later) that goes under the lens where the mushroom cap comes through. That's the piece that the lifting rod is screwed too. You just need to drill a 1/8" diameter hole in that and screw the rod to it same as the original. All of my caps and donuts were cracked.The mushroom cap also comes with a new O ring.If you want a set of 2 or enough to redo all of your hatches, drop me an e-mailA set of 6 would be $150.00 plus shipping. That might sound a little pricey but that material is very expensive and they take an hour each to make. Basically just giving they away to help keep our old boats going

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/708800=30175-Mushroom Caps.jpg[/img]

Comment

Johnny,

Thanks for the useful information. The handles that I ordered from Bomar should be here in a couple of days. If they do not fit, I'll purchase a pair from you.

Comment

The replaement hatch handle assemblies that I ordered from Bomar arrived yesterday and believe it or not, they fit. They are an entirely different design but after I figured them out, they function as expected. These handles use a series of internal spacers to adjust hatch tightness instead of a 3/8" stainless steel screw. For those with similar problems, the Bomar part numbers are P2000-52 for left and P2000-53 for right.

Comment

Do you still have some of these available?
                Bruce
                1989 4550 MoneyTaker III
                "It is not the size of your boat it is how often you use it"

Comment

does anyone know the size and or model of the front hatch on the 32xx models?

Comment

Working...
                  X