Galley Lighting Is Out-gctid404184

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galley Lighting Is Out-gctid404184

I have lost power to the ceiling galley lights on the '88 4550. Can anyone share the wiring path once the 12V pos. wire leaves the switch on the galley cabinet? I have verified power from breaker to switch. The switch is good with 13v in and out. Problem i am seeing is that the lighting wires for all three lighting switches (galley, wetbar and companionway) lead down below the cabinet. Not sure how they are routed to the glass storage suspended cabinet and galley ceiling. I am sure these are in series, but do to the permanent nature of the hard ceiling in the galley, I cannot be certain which of the four lights is the first in the string, nor how to fish the wire up there. Any shared experience would be greatly appreciated and a huge time saver in this unexpected new project.:worth

Thank you

A friendly poke to get this noticed again. Hasn't anyone had the hard ceiling out of a galley on a 45XX? I would rather rely on the fine experience of those who may be able to detail the wiring path on the galley lighting vs tearing things apart in a hunt.

Thanks.

Comment

I am not familiar with the boat, but I can assure you that the lighting is not wired in series. If you have power from the switch, then either the branch after the switch is open (not likely, but possible depending how they take the wiring after the switch), or more likely these lights share a common negative point that has opened up, most likely due to corrosion.

Comment

Working...
      X