Wet carpet midship stateroom 38-gctid404107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet carpet midship stateroom 38-gctid404107

Just replaced all the carpet on the 38. Stepped into the midships stateroom and the runners and carpet are wet. No leaks from the Misdships head or under Galley sole that I can see. I re-caulked the shower about 10 months ago. The wet carpet does not smell like holding tank nor is it diesel. I did not wash the boat, use the shower or anything except using the sink in the morning. I ran the water in the sink and no visible leaks. I checked the small bilge pump hatch and the bilge is pretty dry. The boat has been dry no rain or hose water in many days. Does anyone know if there is any plumbing under the Midships stateroom floor that might be leaking? Can anyone tell me what is under the floor there? any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I cut a hatch between the stringer at the midship staeroom bulkhead to all most the locker for storage. There were no wires or hoses 1988 38MY. The head sink and shower have to run hoses from somewhere. Under the head floor to the galley hatch where all of the hose connections are or from starbosrd to port by the holding tank? A leak from a stanchion?

Richard

Comment

Check the heater hose fittings at bottom of stairs
      1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
      1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
      Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

If you remove the right wood panal under the master sink you can see the hoses going to the tub mine were leaking. hope ths helps.

Comment

dls wrote:
          If you remove the right wood panal under the master sink you can see the hoses going to the tub mine were leaking. hope ths helps.
          This was the cause of my wet floor. The shower faucet was toast and spraying water that runs along the stringer and collects right in front of the bed.
          Sean
          Current: 1990 4588 Crimson Pride
          Past: 1987 3870 Crimson Pride II
          Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
          MMSI: 338080226

Comment

Was it salt or fresh? Can you hear the FW pump run from time to time to make up leaking pressure? My vote is tub faucet. The whole tub/head module is placed on the original carpet. If you look under the edge of the aft head buldhead, you will see it and it will wick moisture all over the place. May be wet in the guest stateroom as well.

Comment

Was the floor wet before you changed the carpet? If not, what changed? Give this question some deep thought..What Changed? Maybe the installer used some 16d nails? Or perhaps drilled some blind holes? Something changed.

Vic

Ft Myers
              Vic Stewart SN
              Past Commander
              Cape Fear Power Squadron
              Ft Myers Power Squadron
              1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
              Raw water cooled

Comment

I had this problem which turned out to be a leak from the head (toilet) on the other side. Water would seep down near the door and across the carpet. It was only a loos hose clamp for me.

Hugh
                Hugh
                1990 3888
                Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

FishingFool wrote:
                  Just replaced all the carpet on the 38. Stepped into the midships stateroom and the runners and carpet are wet. No leaks from the Misdships head or under Galley sole that I can see. I re-caulked the shower about 10 months ago. The wet carpet does not smell like holding tank nor is it diesel. I did not wash the boat, use the shower or anything except using the sink in the morning. I ran the water in the sink and no visible leaks. I checked the small bilge pump hatch and the bilge is pretty dry. The boat has been dry no rain or hose water in many days. Does anyone know if there is any plumbing under the Midships stateroom floor that might be leaking? Can anyone tell me what is under the floor there? any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
                  I have the same boat and the leak it came from the hand rails .re-cauIked and no more leak

Comment

I throw out my recent experience. I had a wet master cabin closet floor and carpet floor wet after long rain showers on my 95 3258. It was one loose rub rail screw that was screwed to a wood trim cover at the top of the closet. Unreal how it could leak that much water. It always would rain when I was not there and never could watch it until a couple weeks back when we had all afternoon shower. Running a hose over that side of the boat never would show a leak.

Comment

I +1 the comments to check the master plumbing. I had the same issue on my 38 years ago and it end up being the master sink supply tubing was cracked.
                      Joe
                      Green Eyed Lady
                      Sandy Hook NJ

Comment

Working...
                      X