3270 Help-gctid403967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Help-gctid403967

The Admiral and I took a 3 1/2 drive today to look at a 1986 and a 1987 Bayliner 3270. The 1986 had dual air conditioning units and the 1987 had a single air conditioning unit. I tried to find info about the various configurations. Is that common to have a single A/C unit in these boats? Any info on this would be appreciated. I am probably going to call with an offer on the 1987 boat tomorrow.

Thanks - Tom

My boat has two factory mounted A/C's. It also has dual 30A inlets and separate circuit breakers label "front A/C" and "aft A/C". I have seen a 32xx that had retrofitted an A/C to the cave and it was blowing cold air into the main cabin with a single outlet. If it were me, I would check how the breaker panel is laid out - that should be a giveaway whether the A/C was original or a retrofit.

Comment

This vintage 3270 had bad fuel tank corrosion problems. Mine did. Take a look at the pdf doc for details of my problem and fix.

Good luck.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...5ODA4NWE&pli=1
      100T MMC 2307794

Comment

My 3288 has a single 16000 btu unit in the cave duct into the main salon. It cools the whole boat and it runs of a single 30 amp shore power.

Comment

My air was in the cave. We moved it next to the fridge.

Removed the fridge temporally and made a platform. Then

cut a hole in the bulkhead aft cabin for access. Have two ducts. A 6 inch that goes to the main cabin and a 4 inch that goes to aft cabin. This unit is a 16,500btu Mermaid.

We did this for several reasons.

1. To allow the cold air to come out at a higher point. The 6 inch comes out the top of the cabinet

2. To add more weight to the port side. These boats have a starboard list.

3. Bonus ....Also gave more room "access" in the cave.

We have one 30 amp plug for the whole boat. This includes the AC.

If the AC is on, with the water heater and the fridge plus, the battery charger and a few fans this is a pretty good load. Now turn on microwave and you will throughout the breaker. We usually leave the hot water off during the day. I turn it on in the morning for a few hours.
          1987 3270MY, 135 Hino engines

2015 Element ( Lime Green) Limited Edition 75 HP Mercury.

Roger, Lake Saint Clair, Michigan
          Fair Winds & Following Seas

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. You have been a big help. - Tom

Comment

245_Tom wrote:
              Thanks all for your responses. You have been a big help. - Tom
              Your looking to move up already. .

Hope all is well Tom. When you making the move.

Comment

Hey Alvin, we were looking but things didn't work out. We had the boat hauled down to Silver Cloud Marina on the Forked River. They got to do a bit of prep work to get the boat ready for salt water. Probably will be in her slip by next Thursday. Can't wait. I'll miss Lake Hopatcong a little but there will be so much more to do down the shore. - Tom

Comment

245_Tom wrote:
                  Hey Alvin, we were looking but things didn't work out. We had the boat hauled down to Silver Cloud Marina on the Forked River. They got to do a bit of prep work to get the boat ready for salt water. Probably will be in her slip by next Thursday. Can't wait. I'll miss Lake Hopatcong a little but there will be so much more to do down the shore. - Tom
                  Tom,

Sorry things didn't work out with the boats.

Congrats on the move. You went real south. I hear Silver Cloud is real nice congrats. Assuming you are having them bottom paint and doing the outdrives as well. You are going to have so much fun. You will miss Lake Hopatcong, but you have so many new places to go. Your close to Tices Shoal. Try that out. Next time I am in the area maybe we can meet up. We were down there on July 4th at Seaside Park Marina for 3 days. Loved it. If you need any help with anything let me know.

Good luck.

Alvin

Comment

3270my wrote:
                    My air was in the cave. We moved it next to the fridge.

Removed the fridge temporally and made a platform. Then

cut a hole in the bulkhead aft cabin for access. Have two ducts. A 6 inch that goes to the main cabin and a 4 inch that goes to aft cabin. This unit is a 16,500btu Mermaid.

We did this for several reasons.

1. To allow the cold air to come out at a higher point. The 6 inch comes out the top of the cabinet

2. To add more weight to the port side. These boats have a starboard list.

3. Bonus ....Also gave more room "access" in the cave.

We have one 30 amp plug for the whole boat. This includes the AC.

If the AC is on, with the water heater and the fridge plus, the battery charger and a few fans this is a pretty good load. Now turn on microwave and you will throughout the breaker. We usually leave the hot water off during the day. I turn it on in the morning for a few hours.
                    I used a 20'000 btu Flagship Marine unit next to the fridge. It was a tight fit! But I have ducts, to the v-birth, up out the top of the counter, out the side of the counter below the radio, one into the aft cabin and one ran under the mid-berth up thru the aft hanging locker and out the flat aft port corner of the salon. Above 90 I use a 12"ocillating fan, below 85 the air distribution is fine. the Thermistat is located below the throttles on the angled wood panel. this gives a fairly acurate temp of the salon.

Comment

My 3270 was originally a northern (great lakes) boat. the owner moved to Texas and installed a 16.5k btu mermaid unit. It is in the cave with a duct in the cave and then a large duct in the salon. It was a bad way to do it but it heats and cools the boat effectively other than the vberth stays cold in the winter months.

The salon and lower berth cool effectively, a small fan directing air forward keeps the v berth very cool. It was 100+ for the last month or so....I could leave the thermostat at 70 and it would still cycle on and off with the boat under a covered dock.

Two units on that boat is overkill in my opinion.

Comment

Are you in yet Tom? How do you like the salt.

Comment

Working...
                        X