Jabsco Electric Head Question on 47-gctid403818

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jabsco Electric Head Question on 47-gctid403818

Had a plug up in our Jabsco Electric Head, the older poop shooter style, part 37010. Disassembled and resolved plug, my shop vac is a savior. Reassembled motor/maserator into base of toilet, reconnected hoses. Now the pump, works grinding and pumping waste into hose. Problem is the pump no longer pumps salt water into the head. If I pour water into the bowl, it quickly flushes it out. When plug occurred it was pumping water into the bowl, in fact too much. When I reassembled the unit, I carefully got notch on top of plastic cup covering the cutting blades into the proper slot per directions. I did not disassemble anything inside of the maserator pump assembly including anything around the bronze vanes or the rubber impeller. Only removed complete unit from the white base of the toilet. I did double clamp the hoses on water intake hoses to make sure I did not have an air leak. When I stop pumping a dry bowl, I can hear water running back into the through hull. We will not be close to a marine store for 3 plus weeks. We have another working head and can use this broken head by flushing with the shower hose-i.e. fresh water, but would like to get everything working as per normal, especially to know what to buy when we get back to civilization. Any ideas why head would stop pumping salt water into the bowl?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

This may sound silly but... I recently dealt with the same issue + hose run had a build up of calcium from salts. After I removed the motor/pump and cleaned up the macerator and joker valve, I inadvertantly reinstalled the motor upside down. When the water lines were reconnected, the outlet side was the new inlet and vice versa. Obviously no water would draw but the head would pump the bowl water. Had to scratch MY HEAD for a while to figure that one out. I was an embarrased that something so simple had been over looked. In my haste to avoid the waste i simply put the pump in wrong. Hopefully your fix is this simple.

Comment

KeysKen wrote:
      This may sound silly but... I recently dealt with the same issue + hose run had a build up of calcium from salts. After I removed the motor/pump and cleaned up the macerator and joker valve, I inadvertantly reinstalled the motor upside down. When the water lines were reconnected, the outlet side was the new inlet and vice versa. Obviously no water would draw but the head would pump the bowl water. Had to scratch MY HEAD for a while to figure that one out. I was an embarrased that something so simple had been over looked. In my haste to avoid the waste i simply put the pump in wrong. Hopefully your fix is this simple.
      Now I feel silly. That was exactly my problem. Thanks.
      Started boating 1965
      Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Working...
      X