Window screens-gctid403814

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window screens-gctid403814

Anyone know where to purchase the small screens that fit into the windows by galley sink on the 3288 ? Or who the manufacturer is? One of our is missing and none of the Chandleries here can help without a manufacturer name- nothing in my manuals?

I can't speak to your specific window. On the other hand if it is square or rectangular you can easily make your own up. They sell aluminum screen kits at Walmart and likely Lowes and HD. You get 4 4' aluminum extrusions and 4 plastic inserts you drive in the end to form the corner after you cut the correct size. Then all you do is use a spline tool and some screen you have or bought to make a nice aluminum framed screen. They even have the little spring tabs to put on the bottom to help keep them in place. I made up a custom screen to accomodate opening up the window in my bedroom while leaving the AC unit in and was very impressed with the result.. The frame kit sells for around $10 and are found where Walmart has their screens and related goodies. If you go that route make sure to do your cuts with a regular hack saw. Using power tools like a cut off disk or chop saw smears the metal and makes it a pain to clean up to drive in the corner pieces. I hope this helps.

Comment

I have a 2455 and I know when I open my windows, there is a decal on the bottom of each stating the manufacture and other info. I'd check each window and see if you still have the decal there. If not, take a pic and if they are the same as mine, I can get you the info from mine.

Comment

NO decals or stamps...... I have replaced some screens but not a whole frame. Have yet to see a kit but will look today.

Comment

We are missing one on our 3218. Let me know what you find out . . . .

Comment

Ok- just back from Wal Mart, no such kit.

No marinas or Chandleries have it either.... Downloaded a complete US marine parts catalogue for the 3288. Will have to find the part number and go from there!

Comment

[QUOTE]Aimhii wrote:
              Ok- just back from Wal Mart, no such kit.

No marinas or Chandleries have it either.... Downloaded a complete US marine parts catalogue for the 3288. Will have to find the e3part number and go from there![/QUOTw

This is what it is, made by new york wire. I think it was 11 bucks at Wallyworld. By the shape of it the thing is easy to miss. They are sitting right next to or with the screens which are rolled up in their tube form. That package is 4 feet long by the way and holy crap made in the USA. I'm pretty sure many builder suppliers would have it too.

http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Wire-.../dp/B000VYIWLE

Comment

How do you do the curves?

Comment

Those portlights were made by Bomar/Pompanette. That particular window is no longer made, but it may be worthwhile to check if they still have the screens. You can call them directly, their customer service is pretty good.

Comment

I have been looking for replacement screens for 6 years; as stated, they don't make'em anymore. I will eventually make my own out of the soft fabric screen material mentioned.

Frank
                    "Safe Boating is No Accident"
                    Everett Sail and Power Squadron

Comment

On my 1986 3270, I have Beckson portholes and all parts (screens, knobs etc...) are easily available:

http://beckson.com/catalog/index.php...324342deebf729

In Canada, I ordered through my local shipchandler.

The size is 4x14.
                      CapMartin, Montreal QC
                      "Belle de Dalhousie"
                      1986 3270 SOLD
                      Volvo BB225B

Comment

Have you checked here?

http://greatlakesskipper.com/categor...and-parts.html
                        Simo
                        2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
                        Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...-84750058.html This looks like them right here. I'm not near my boat so I can't measure them, but I will in two days. Unless somebody else can confirm. This is the later style on the 32XX series. the early style was more rectangle shaped.

Comment

Working...
                          X