Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3258 Dinghy Davits/storage-gctid403652

All,

We have a 2.4m Quicksilver Inflatable and for the moment its sitting on the bow of the boat. Im not a huge fan of it being there so i'd like to see and hear what other people have done on their 3258's. Has anyone mounted it above a rear awning over the deck? rear folding davits?

Photos and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Attached a photo of where mine currently sits.

thanks,

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707386=30037-IMG_0802sm.jpg[/img]

We just purchased a 2000 3258. It came with a 10 ft Livingston fiberglass dingy on stainless davits mounted on the swim platform like is so common. We have never put the dingy in the water, but the previous owner said it was a two person job to pull it back up. We will see this next week as I need to unload it to change props. The kicker motor is not mounted on the dingy and mounted on the ladder to the fly bridge. I don't like it there. Always bumping into it. In my opinion it needs to stay mounted on the dingy, but that is going to make it heavier to pull out of the water and back on the davits. One of the things i need to look into, but have not got there yet.

Comment

got any photos?

Anyone else? Would really like to see if someone has fitted a annex/canopy over the rear deck and mounted the dinghy above it.

Comment

Any other 3258 owners around?

Comment

Anymore 3258 owners out there? Really hoping to get this sorted before spring arrives here

Comment

I have a Mercury Sport 310 inflatable with a Mercury 15 HP 4 stroke electric start outboard. They are mounted to our swim platform with a Sea Wise system (Vancouver, BC) that lifts the boat on it's side and keeps the outboard vertical with a hinged transom bracket. Expensive but really well made and performs flawlessly.

Comment

Take a look at weaver davits that is what I use

Comment

jim.smithjr wrote:
                I have a Mercury Sport 310 inflatable with a Mercury 15 HP 4 stroke electric start outboard. They are mounted to our swim platform with a Sea Wise system (Vancouver, BC) that lifts the boat on it's side and keeps the outboard vertical with a hinged transom bracket. Expensive but really well made and performs flawlessly.
                i like that set up. do you have any photos you could post?

Comment

biohazard wrote:
                  Take a look at weaver davits that is what I use
                  i'll take a look. thanks

Comment

It is NOT a 3258, not even a Bayliner, but it is roof mounted. It is an old RIB and somewhat heavier than your Quicksilver.This boat is a 1986 model and from what I understand, a dink has has always been mounted up there. The hard top has a noticable sag in it and the weight up high creates a stability issue. Another downside is that the added weight also affects the planing speed. I recently added some old davits from my old sailboat and the dinghy will reside there for now. I don't have any close-ups of the new davits because I just added them before I went offshore for work. If interested let me know and I will take more pics when I get home in 2 weeks or so. I like the davits much better except when paying transient fees - then the dink will be back on the roof at the dock only. Your boat (and mine) would do much better with the dink up front where you have it now. On my sailboat I had winches coming from the mast to make loading much easier on the front deck. The boat I have now has a crane which is great for the hard top but wont reach the front deck. I dont see myself moving the crane anytime soon.Hope this answered your question

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/708918=30183-Dinghy on Top.jpg[/img]

Comment

thanks for the responses guys.

I think the total weight of our inflatable and the outboard is 40kgs (88pounds) so if we were to develop something ver the rear deck it wouldnt need to support a lot of weight.

Is there anyone here who has some sort of shade, annex, cover over the rear deck on a 3258 or 3488? even a 2858 to give me some ideas..

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X