Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4788 Master Shower Door - removed, need replacement!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 Master Shower Door - removed, need replacement!

We are purchasing a 1990 4788. One of the previous owners removed the shower door in the master head and replaced it with a shower curtain. The current owners do not have the door assembly. Is there a part number for the assembly? Anyone in the PAC NW have one for sale? Or should we si ply bite the bullet and have one made? If fabrication is needed can anyone recommend a source in the greater Seattle area?

Note that I’ve tried various searches on the forum with no success but to the few who considered doing the removal think very hard before doing so if you are at all concerned about resale.
    Patti & Gordon Lewandowski
    Sammamish WA
    1998 4788 (April 2018)
    ”Knot Home”

Most residential glass outfits do custom showwr doors

My opinion is that this is not going to be expensive, in relative terms I suppose.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Thanks Kevin. Local custom will probably be less expensive anyway and I can do the installation myself.
      Sammamish WA
      1998 4788 (April 2018)
      ”Knot Home”

Comment

• Oakland4788
        Oakland4788 commented
        Editing a comment
        The stock configuration includes a narrow door and a fixed glass panel. If you are going to have a custom door fitted, you might consider trying to make the door opening wider by eliminating or narrowing the fixed glass. In my view that would be an upgrade that would be a benefit.

Thanks. Good observation. We had a 3988 in the late 90s and this shower is pretty much the same as that boat. A wider door would be nice.
      Sammamish WA
      1998 4788 (April 2018)
      ”Knot Home”

Comment

Working...
      X