3788 vinyl covered side panel removal question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3788 vinyl covered side panel removal question

Has anyone removed the side panel in the galley? I need to install a propane leak detector in the panel and route the wire through the cabinet below to the galley floor. It looks like several screws hold it in place. Could it be just that easy?
    Tony Bacon,
    Washougal, WA
    Caspian
    1997 3788 Twin Cummins 250hp

I have taken the opposite sides panel off. It was held by the screws. For me it was a bear to remove as its tightly wedged in there. Lots of “giggeling” if that’s a word to get it out. Assuming same for galley side.
    1997 3788/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M2s (Sold)
    2003 Silverton 42c/Cummins 480CEs
    2014 Sea Fox 22 Center Console
    2006 Boston Whaler 13 Sport

Vero Beach, Fl.

Comment

Yes, giggling is a word, but you were probably doing more jiggling and cursing than laughing. (sorry....couldn't resist).
      1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
      "Sea Flights"
      5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
      Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
      MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
      Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Originally posted by p91473 View Post
        I have taken the opposite sides panel off. It was held by the screws. For me it was a bear to remove as its tightly wedged in there. Lots of “giggeling” if that’s a word to get it out. Assuming same for galley side.
        Thanks. I was puzzled that there are screws along the top but not the bottom. I will venture forth when I return to the boat now that I am better psyched.
        Tony Bacon,
        Washougal, WA
        Caspian
        1997 3788 Twin Cummins 250hp

Comment

On my 3870 I removed the drawers and fed the wire through from the stb helm.
          Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
          Twin 350 GM power
          Located in Seward, AK
          Retired marine surveyor

Comment

My 3888 vinyl panels had a few screws, some of those plastic car interior ribbed rivets (you just pull the panel off if your brave enough to try it) and some had some glue in addition to the screws. I seemed to be factory but I'm the 3rd owner.

Comment

Working...
            X