4788 exterior window frames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 exterior window frames

Greetings! Former 3988 owner (1995-2000), just sold our 1990 Tolly 44, and soon to be Noob 4788 owner.. I’ve read this thread through page 120 and decided I’d ask some noob questions on things I couldn't find or topics with minimal info. First subject is exterior window frames.

1. Fading front window frames and side door window frames - what’s the cure? Clean, buff, and wax or?
    2. Chips on Otto tracks of side window frames? I assume these have to be painted. Any DIY instructions anywhere on the forum?
    3. Has anyone had the white paint peel off the aft aluminum boat deck support “columns” that are aft of the salon windows? Suggestions for repaint or recoat? Paint color?
    4. If we decide to have someone do the work, any recommendations in the Pacific NW?

This has to be the most informative and supportive forum I’ve ever been part of (including other boat brands and many different automotive forums) and I look forward to contributing DIY and other info in the future. I can also guarantee I will have more questions!

Two suggestions I do have already:
    1. I’m taking screenshots of entries that have info for future needs or projects, then printing them and filing according to the topic.
    2. I’m sending myself emails with the URLs of helpful pages and saving those emails in related files

I figure this will save me a lot of time in the future and might help others when similar topics come up months and months from now. Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I will update our profile after we close on our purchase.

gordon
    Soon-to-be Knot Home again
    Patti & Gordon Lewandowski
    Sammamish WA
    1998 4788 (April 2018)
    ”Knot Home”

Hi Gordon
    sent you a PM....Brad
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    LaConner,Wa. (summer)