Looking at a 4788

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a 4788

We are considering traveling to Vancouver BC to take a look at a 1995 4788. It's listed with Blackfish Marine and name is Knot On Call. Has anyone taken a look at this boat and can give insight on the condition? Thanks!
    Tom and Jana
    1994 47’ - No Clue
    Camano Island, WA

I’ve only seen it on-line but my understanding is that the boat is in Sydney and listed by a broker in Van. If it is in Sydney there is another 47 named Uluru that would be worth looking at as long as you’re up there. Both seem to have hit Yachtworld at about the same time. We’re also looking to move up and the 47/Meridian 490 boats are what we want as well. Seems to be pretty slim pickings for these boats...
    Drew Haas
    1998 4788 "Painkiller"

Comment

Thanks, Drew! We have been searching since October when our 3988 sold. Slim pickings for sure!
      Tom and Jana
      1994 47’ - No Clue
      Camano Island, WA

Comment

Due to health,I have put our 47 up for Sale. One owner 1996 47. Boat in Des Moines, Wa. Under cover since new. Listed via Fife Lake Union Sea Ray Brokerage. See via their web site or Yachtworld.com

Many many photos posted.
        Started boating 1965
        Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Thank you.
          Tom and Jana
          1994 47’ - No Clue
          Camano Island, WA

Comment

The PO of our boat painted the all window frames white like the meridians. It looks nice but the finish was bubbling and coming off in many areas. Some of the aluminum was slightly pitted. I sanded the frames with 220 to remove loose material, masked with good tape and rolled or brushed on new semi gloss water based exterior paint designed for aluminum. I used a paint additive to help the paint flow. It smoothed out pretty well. I used a good foam roller that leaves a slightly stippled finish on the PH front windows and foam brushes for the rest. The foam brushes leave a smoother finish but don’t hide imperfections as well. I gave the frames two coats. The slight stippling looks ok and hides the imperfections. I would say the overall job is a 8 on looks. It looks way better than it did and now the aluminum is at least protected from further corrosion. We will see how long my fix lasts. It was not hard and took me about two days including trial and error.
            2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
            12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
            MV Kia Orana
            Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Working...
            X