Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3888: need complete bridge refurbish - seats, gauges, bimini.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3888: need complete bridge refurbish - seats, gauges, bimini.

I'm about to completely refurbish my 3888 bridge: seats, controls, gauges, bimini top. Any suggestions or available parts or suppliers would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

You can use pontoon seating, controls (expensive, but maybe paint or rechrome). Gauges, ebay or maybe new, bimini you are at the mercy of local or diy.
    1985 3870 175hp Hino's

Comment

+1 on pontoon furniture! Not THAT expensive and almost a drop in replacement which makes it easy! I’d rechrome the controls or maybe powder coat if you wanted a color specific to match the furniture. Aetna tachs for RPM, other, shop online for best price. Now would be a great time to add a second helm chair so the admiral can also enjoy the view.
      Jim Gandee
      1989 3888
      Hino 175's
      Fire Escape
      Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

I also agree on the pontoon furniture. Measure your space and custom your seating. There are lots of configurations available. Also it will raise your seat height away form those knee breaking low seats. I left a little room for a small table next to the helm seat on the starboard side. Great for a chart or food while underway. Be sure not to block access to all that storage under the dash.
        Started boating 1955
        Number of boats owned 32
        Bayliners
        3870 presently owned
        Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Pardon a silly question, but what are pontoon seats? I have to completely redo my fly bridge as well.

Comment

Here ya go Bry:

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/pro...SAAEgLfq_D_BwE
            Jim Gandee
            1989 3888
            Hino 175's
            Fire Escape
            Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

www.Pontoonstuff.com

Redid everything up there for about 2 boat bucks. No wood to ever rot again. I have a rear hardtop so I pushed the rear out onto it a couple feet and made more room on the bridge that way.

They are far more comfortable than anyplace else on the boat to sit.
              1989 3888
              Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

• Jim_Gandee
                Jim_Gandee commented
                Editing a comment
                KWB, could you post a pic or two of your FB furniture and how you extended it onto the hard top?

Your current gauges are Faria and they are about the same price as anybody else’s. I’ve got replacing the Star Wars gauges on mine and have had a bunch of fun window and comparison shopping. One strange thing I’ve noticed is almost every internet supplier fails when it comes to buying a matched set of gauges. Some may not have the oil pressure gauge, another is missing the water temperature. Don’t even look at a consistent situation for diesel tachs.
              When I pull the trigger I’ll get them from Fisheries Supply in Seattle. They are very willing to set me up with the gauges I want even though they aren’t all on the website.
              If you are replacing the dash gauge plates, SomeSailor here on the BOC makes them.
              P/C Pete
              Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
              1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
              Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
              1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
              MMSI 367770440
              1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
              Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Your current gauges are Faria

The analog tachs are not terribly accurate thus syncing the engines can be challenging. The digital tachs show resolution to one RPM making syncing easy.
                Jim Gandee
                1989 3888
                Hino 175's
                Fire Escape
                Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

+1 on pontoon dropins
                  Re gauges. Would suggest going with an alba combi or like unit to convert analog gauges to NMEA 2000 to that all can be displayed on your chart plotter. Will give you digital info. Much more accurate.

Craig
                  Nanaimo bc
                  1987 bayliner 3818
                  w/ 175 Hinos no Genny, but solar to run everything!
                  10ft Livingston with centre console and 15hp on davits / winch

Comment

Working...
                  X