Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best & lowest yacht policy for a 38xx company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best & lowest yacht policy for a 38xx company?

I am looking to change my boat policy from state farm as it appears to be way to high.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Contact Robinson Mauer, Welts in Seattle. There had my boats and collector cars for years. My 3818 w/175 Hinos is around $600 for this year and coordinated with my umbrella policy and marina. My cruising range is from Olympia to the northern tip of Vancouver Island on the inside. It was a significant drop in cost against my 2950 Sunbridge with gassers.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Originally posted by Pcpete View Post
      Contact Robinson Mauer, Welts in Seattle. There had my boats and collector cars for years. My 3818 w/175 Hinos is around $600 for this year and coordinated with my umbrella policy and marina. My cruising range is from Olympia to the northern tip of Vancouver Island on the inside. It was a significant drop in cost against my 2950 Sunbridge with gassers.
      Thankyou!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

I use Anchor Marine in Seattle. IIRC the premium is around $750 ish annually for a stated value of $75K and 1 mil liability. Of course the premium would drop with a lower value.
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Gandee View Post
          I use Anchor Marine in Seattle. IIRC the premium is around $750 ish annually for a stated value of $75K and 1 mil liability. Of course the premium would drop with a lower value.
          Thank you!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
          Twin 350 GM power
          Located in Seward, AK
          Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Consider looking at a marine policy. The big auto providers don't necessarily have the coverage you will really need (that's why they are cheaper). Be sure to carefully read the restrictions. A good marine agent can tell you differences in standard policy's versus marine policies and what is or is not covered. Then you can really compare apples to apples. I found that even our first Boat US policy was somewhat restrictive/lacking. Now we use Chubb and Markel.

Comment

Wasn’t Pau Hana an insurance provider. Is he still active at all on the site?
              Geoff & Jen
              Shocking Lesson
              1986 3870
              Hino 175's

Comment

Originally posted by Shocking View Post
                Wasn’t Pau Hana an insurance provider. Is he still active at all on the site?
                I have not seen his name come up.

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                Twin 350 GM power
                Located in Seward, AK
                Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Pau Hana worked for Anchor Marine. He is now on the underwriting side of the business. I have a travelers policy thru Anchor. They have been good to work with. Reasonable price. No claims so I don’t know how they would actually perform.
                  2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                  12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                  MV Kia Orana
                  Currently Alameda CA

Comment

If you live in Canada try the HUB, just went for nearly 1200/yr to 800.
                    1988 3870
                    Hino 4 cyl 210 turbos (upgrade)
                    Hull extension
                    LIves in Powell River

Comment

I'm currently talking to Chubb (ACE American) and Boat US regarding insurance for a 39 Marinette. I also currently have State Farm.
                      Chubb seems to have better coverage at lower prices. Christy with W&T Insurance is the contact in Ohio - 440-331-0351. They specialize in marine insurance.
                      Let me know what you think.
                      John
                      John
                      1986 Marinette 39 Sedan after enjoying our 1984 Marinette 28
                      (formerly 89 2755 5.8 OMC & 97 1850SS 4.3L Alpha I)

Comment

Working...
                      X