• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788. Water Shut off valve

Is there a water shutoff valve to cut off water to the bar? Thanks
    1997 4788 w/Cummins
    Boston Whaler 110

There is no separate water shut off for the wet bar on the early 4788s Mine is 1994 and did not have one. It is pretty easy to add one however under the counter and at the same time worth adding a shut off for the Icemaker.
    Alan Teed
    MOONDANCE
    '94 4788
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Previously:
    2006 Hylas 49' blowboat
    Bayliner 2855
    1977 Cal 34' blowboat
    1981 Hunter 33' blowboat
    Experience: Sail 50 years, Motor 15 years. 2 Transats, 1 Baltimore-Virgin Islands, 6 Months cruising Caribbean, 3.5 years cruising Med.

Comment

I agree with Alan here. I added shutoff valves to the fly bridge wet bar and transom shower of our 490 so that they could be fully drained in winter. On the Meridian the tubing was colour coded PEX tubing which is really easy to work with, but the drawback was the metric sizing, so parts couldn’t be sourced at Home Depot et al. I’m not certain if they used PEX or flexible PVC in 1997.
      Rob
      Bayliner 5788
      'Merlin V'
      Vancouver BC

Comment

Originally posted by MerlinV View Post
        I agree with Alan here. I added shutoff valves to the fly bridge wet bar and transom shower of our 490 so that they could be fully drained in winter. On the Meridian the tubing was colour coded PEX tubing which is really easy to work with, but the drawback was the metric sizing, so parts couldn’t be sourced at Home Depot et al. I’m not certain if they used PEX or flexible PVC in 1997.
        Rob, where did you access the pipes going to the flying bridge wetbar?
        I like to user my boat in the early season and it would be nice to leave the water off to the flying bridge wetbar.

Thanks!

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY
        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I managed to access the water line to the bridge from behind the wet bar in the salon, but doing anything in the cramped quarters is a PITA so as I recall, there is access to the flybridge water supply on the hull side of the panel behind the sofa, and aft of the holding tank. This would be the preferred spot to install a shut of valve, as it would take care of both the flybridge wet bar and the transom shower.
          On the 4788, I'm not sure how accessible this area is due to the built-in sofa. The 490 has a Flexsteel sofa which can be moved completely out of the way, then there is a vinyl covered wall panel that can be easily removed.
          In the picture, you can see this panel behind the sofa.
          Rob
          Bayliner 5788
          'Merlin V'
          Vancouver BC

Comment

Thanks!

On my 2001 4788 that area is easily accessible

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY
            SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

On our 1997 4788 there is a water shutoff on the wall forward of the stbd engine, but I have forgotten if it shuts of water to the ice maker or bridge?
              1997 4788 with Cummins 5.9 (315 hp)
              12 ft Rendova with 40 hp Merc 4 cycle
              Pacific NW

Comment

Working...
              X