Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best price on sailrite sewing machines...direct purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best price on sailrite sewing machines...direct purchase?

Hey all,

After a lot of consideration, I think I have decided to just bite the bullet and buy myself a new sailrite sewing machine. As such, the big trick is to hunt down the best price. Generally, with some patience, I’ve been fortunate enough to find a place selling what I want at a discount. Unfortunately, with looking for a new sailrite machine, I have not had such luck and thought I’d ask if anyone knew of a place that sells sailrite machines at a discount. Anyone know of a place selling saiirite machines at a discount? I might be interested in a used machine, though I am leaning towards really wanting a new machine, as I figure it’s somethng I’ll keep for a long long time...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
    BJ
    OMEGA

BJ
    OMEGA

Buy new from Sailrite.
    New warranty, and tech support.
    You probably won’t need the warranty, but you will use the tech support.

I called them just last week and got a bit of advice on gow to handel a 135 degree curve on a cushon. Three minutes on the phone and I was confident that I was on the right track.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

sailrite offers a discount on machines only one time per year.... and will NOT budge on their price at any other time, and there are no other outlets that sell them cheaper.

you can shop around for an outfit that may have bought several during the yearly special, and is selling them a bit lower than sailrites everyday price,... you may save $50.... in my opinion, 50 dollars on a 700 dollar purchase isnt worth the time it takes to find someplace that may offer a slightly lower price....

sailrite is good, fair and honest at what they do, but negotiating sales prices is NOT one of them... they dont budge.

NU LIBERTE'
      Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
      5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
      N2K equipped throughout..
      2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
      2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
      '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
      Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

Originally posted by Centerline2 View Post
        sailrite offers a discount on machines only one time per year.... and will NOT budge on their price at any other time, and there are no other outlets that sell them cheaper.

you can shop around for an outfit that may have bought several during the yearly special, and is selling them a bit lower than sailrites everyday price,... you may save $50.... in my opinion, 50 dollars on a 700 dollar purchase isnt worth the time it takes to find someplace that may offer a slightly lower price....

sailrite is good, fair and honest at what they do, but negotiating sales prices is NOT one of them... they dont budge.
        Any guess when Sailrite has thier sales on machines? Maybe I can wait for it if it’s not too long....

Thanks,,
        BJ
        BJ
        OMEGA

Comment

Originally posted by igiftmon View Post

Any guess when Sailrite has thier sales on machines? Maybe I can wait for it if it’s not too long....

Thanks,,
          BJ
          not sure of the date, but it is in the spring... if you call them, they may tell you so you can budget for it.

dont forget the information that was shared with you in this thread... http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...g-for-the-buck

NU LIBERTE'
          Salem, OR

Comment

Thank you you for your help... I will call them,,,
            BJ
            OMEGA

Comment

It looks like they might be having a sale right now and it ends 2/26

https://www.sailrite.com/Specials-Closeout $10 off every $100, up to $100 off*

Now - February 26

Enter code: TAKETEN18 at checkout or mention by phone

*Must use code: TAKETEN18 during checkout or mention by phone to receive discount. Offer not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes. Does not apply to trade accounts. Offer ends February 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.

Future 4788 Owner
              Charleston, S.C.

Comment

That’s awesome... Thanks Sportscar.....
                BJ
                OMEGA

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the Rex brand machines? I've heard that they made by the same Asian company that makes the Sailrite model and are essentially the same with less external finish.

By the way, it doesn't look like any sewing machines are on sale yet at Sailrite.

thanx
                  John
                  1986 Marinette 39 Sedan after enjoying our 1984 Marinette 28
                  (formerly 89 2755 5.8 OMC & 97 1850SS 4.3L Alpha I)

Comment

Originally posted by shade2u2 View Post
                    Does anyone have experience with the Rex brand machines? I've heard that they made by the same Asian company that makes the Sailrite model and are essentially the same with less external finish.

By the way, it doesn't look like any sewing machines are on sale yet at Sailrite.

thanx
                    See the link I posted above... it has information about the rex and the barracuda machines...

NU LIBERTE'
                    Salem, OR

Comment

Sailright sale through 2-26 $10 off every $100, up to $100 off*

Now - February 26

Enter code: TAKETEN18 at checkout or mention by phone

*Must use code: TAKETEN18 during checkout or mention by phone to receive discount. Offer not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes. Does not apply to trade accounts. Offer ends February 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
                      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                      Twin 350 GM power
                      Located in Seward, AK
                      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

One other option instead of the Sailrite is a Rex 607 (see link below), good price point, I know several people in including myself that have bought one and absolutely no problems.
                        I bought it last spring and have now done countless jobs (just for myself). Redoing my flybridge curtains justified the purchase. It is a handy tool to have for repairs and little jobs here and there, I'm sure you won't regret buying one.
                        The Rex is pretty much identical to Sailrite, I have bought lots of parts, accessories and materials from Sailrite they are a great company to deal with but the shipping and duties to Canada is a bit over the top. I'm pretty sure the fit and finish of the Sailrite is better without any dispute but I'm not sure that is worth twice the price.
                        In any case it doesn't really matter which machine you buy, the price of additional tools and materials will exceed the price of whichever machine you buy in no time. Other tools worth getting is the Hoover Press'n' Snap, hotknife and lots of other little stuff.. A big spool of high quality thread will cost $100-$150!
                        In conclusion it's all worth it. The savings and availability cannot be beat by owning your own machine.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Portable-Wal...EAAOSwzJ5XfFBj

1995 Bayliner 3587
                        Twin Hino 250HP
                        Located In Sidney BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by mlewis100 View Post
                          One other option instead of the Sailrite is a Rex 607 (see link below), good price point, I know several people in including myself that have bought one and absolutely no problems.
                          I bought it last spring and have now done countless jobs (just for myself). Redoing my flybridge curtains justified the purchase. It is a handy tool to have for repairs and little jobs here and there, I'm sure you won't regret buying one.
                          The Rex is pretty much identical to Sailrite, I have bought lots of parts, accessories and materials from Sailrite they are a great company to deal with but the shipping and duties to Canada is a bit over the top. I'm pretty sure the fit and finish of the Sailrite is better without any dispute but I'm not sure that is worth twice the price.
                          In any case it doesn't really matter which machine you buy, the price of additional tools and materials will exceed the price of whichever machine you buy in no time. Other tools worth getting is the Hoover Press'n' Snap, hotknife and lots of other little stuff.. A big spool of high quality thread will cost $100-$150!
                          In conclusion it's all worth it. The savings and availability cannot be beat by owning your own machine.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Portable-Wal...EAAOSwzJ5XfFBj
                          buy it ALL!!!... it will STILL be cheaper than having the canvas work done by a canvas shop, and you will still have the tools after the project is finished.... the real savings will be on the next project.

NU LIBERTE'
                          Salem, OR

Comment

Be careful with the Sailrite- I bought one directly from them for the six projects I needed to have canvas for. Those are done but the total number of projects is over 20 and counting....

Seriously, their video library of projects and support made a huge difference for me since I had sewn nothing other than wild oats prior to this. The upside is that if I finally decide I'm done with it there is a robust resale market.

Comment

Well, I done did it! I bought a new sailrite... it should be here in a few days....

Thank you for all your information about the various machines and the warnings about the never ending projects... lol. I look what forward to getting a few things made and sharing them it’s you guys as I learn how things work...

Thanks again,
                              BJ
                              OMEGA
                              BJ
                              OMEGA

Comment

Working...
                              X