Windshield Wiper Replacement-gctid402967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Wiper Replacement-gctid402967

My 1991 3288 needs new blades - have not seen arm/blade types like these [were on boat when I bought it used] so don't know if they are original.

They are 14" Trico brand and marked 0Z and quite unlike auto type. I could'nt locate them on the Trico website, so was hoping someone has first-hand info on

replacing same.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

I purchased replacement blades at NAPA. Take one off and bring it in so that they can match it.

Comment

I agree with Hugh, take the inserts to NAPA, they can match. Trico also has a very good technical rep, you need the length, top width and configuration, and he will provide the replacement P/N's. Just for reference, the blades on my 4087, which are longer, are Trico 45-280; NAPA 60-2800.

Comment

Got mine at a truck supply store. Freightliner used the same blade, some years ago.

Comment

ANY well stocked auto supply or RV supply will have a replacement blade....as was said..take it off and match it. Maybe even Wal-Mart

Vic

Ft Myers
          Vic Stewart SN
          Past Commander
          Cape Fear Power Squadron
          Ft Myers Power Squadron
          1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
          Raw water cooled

Comment

Got a reply from Trico customer service - said my replacement wipers are part #61-140 [Heavy duty black wiper blade for flat windshields]

I found them on Amazon.com for $9.91 EA with free shipping when I purchased all three.

Good deal!

Comment

I bought these blades at NAPA:

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707408=30040-wiper_blades.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys! I've been looking for these. Great site.

Glen
                Glen Sherwood
                1987 3270 twin 305’s
                Coupeville, WA

Comment

Thanks Guys. Does anyone have the part number for the wiper arm?
                  Rick
                  2002, 3788

Comment

Just thought this would be a good place to bundle the wiper arm change. The arm on my 1993 3288 broke at the connection lock. I,m sure most boats of this vintage will present the same challenge mine did so be ready to spend a time and be frustrated when you try and remove the old one. The connection will probably be very corroded and in my experience impossible to slide off after releasing the retainer. I ended up carefully splitting the wiper arn socket diagonally with a sawzall then wedging the socket free from the motor shaft. Not an easy task just FYI.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X