Remote for Anchor Windless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote for Anchor Windless

I'm thinking about installing a wireless remote for my anchor windless and wondering if anyone has done this as a DIY project. I have seen youtube videos where a wireless receiver is connected to the solenoids and I'm wondering where the solenoids are located on a 3870. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1987 3870 "Stella Maris"
    Twin Hino 175's NA
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

I did this last summer, you need to buy two solenoids, I tried one that was supposed to do both up and down but it wouldn't work. Everything is located in the anchor locker under the windless. I ran a thermostat wire from the flybridge to a switch and leave the remotes at the lower helm. I bought everything on Amazon.
    1989 3888
    Hino 210's

Comment

I have a wireless unit from http://www.mzelectronic.it
      You do not have selenoids so buy the reversing selenoid from the same company. Installation is easy. You drill into your gypsy and glue in a magnet . You mount the sensor and lead the wire through the deck to the space forward of the bunk. You will see the connections to the existing foot switches . Mount the reversing selenoid on a piece of Starboard and attach the Starboard near the foot switches. Draw the power from the foot switches. Easy.
      1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Originally posted by Pflat View Post
        I did this last summer, you need to buy two solenoids, I tried one that was supposed to do both up and down but it wouldn't work. Everything is located in the anchor locker under the windless. I ran a thermostat wire from the flybridge to a switch and leave the remotes at the lower helm. I bought everything on Amazon.
        Looks pretty straight forward. I didn't realize that the windless has no solenoids. I think I can manage this installation. Thanks
        1987 3870 "Stella Maris"
        Twin Hino 175's NA
        Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Bob View Post
          I have a wireless unit from http://www.mzelectronic.it
          You do not have selenoids so buy the reversing selenoid from the same company. Installation is easy. You drill into your gypsy and glue in a magnet . You mount the sensor and lead the wire through the deck to the space forward of the bunk. You will see the connections to the existing foot switches . Mount the reversing selenoid on a piece of Starboard and attach the Starboard near the foot switches. Draw the power from the foot switches. Easy.
          Uncle Bob, That is a great looking device. I love the counter feature to let me know how much chain I have out. I can't seem to find a dealer in the US. I'll keep looking online for a dealer. Thanks
          1987 3870 "Stella Maris"
          Twin Hino 175's NA
          Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Comment

You can use a reversing solenoid for a 12v winch, and achieve exactly the same thing for a tiny fraction of the price. They are literally the same device. I set up my remote for under $50 and have remotes on both sets of keys plus the Maxwell switch inside the cabin.

Now to save everyone a lot of time and scorn, there is no point in criticizing me for not using "marine" parts. 12V is 12V and if you insist on paying more, then you have my blessing.

Comment

Iceclimber, can you share where you purchased the solenoid and remotes?
              1987 3870 "Stella Maris"
              Twin Hino 175's NA
              Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Comment

If you already have solenoids you can try something like this
                It is one of my spring projects this year.

Anchor Remote Windlass Wireless Switch Boat Sail Trim Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0SQE0K..._vfpHAbA8YQYE6

Ron
                1989 3218
                1988 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
                2007 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by DVF2001 View Post

Uncle Bob, That is a great looking device. I love the counter feature to let me know how much chain I have out. I can't seem to find a dealer in the US. I'll keep looking online for a dealer. Thanks
                  From the website

BAINBRIDGE INT. -- NORTHEAST
                  255 Revere Stree, Canton MA - 02021
                  Tel: +1 781 821 2600
                  Fax: +1 781 821 2609
                  Toll-free: 800 422 5684
                  Web: www.bainbridgeintcatalogs.com

BAINBRIDGE INT. -- SOUTHEAST
                  2580 North Powerline Road - Suite 603-604
                  Pompano Beach, FL - 33069
                  Tel: +1 954 532 7557
                  Fax: +1 781 232 6856
                  Toll-Free: 855 599 7741

BAINBRIDGE INT. -- WEST
                  15242 Transistor Lane
                  Huntington Beach, CA 92649
                  Tel: +1 714 373 3322
                  Fax: +1 714 373 3326
                  Toll-Free: 800 433 0101
                  Future 4788 Owner
                  Charleston, S.C.

Comment

All great information. thanks everyone. When I get around to doing the job, I'll post a few photos.
                    1987 3870 "Stella Maris"
                    Twin Hino 175's NA
                    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by DVF2001 View Post
                      Iceclimber, can you share where you purchased the solenoid and remotes?
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/WINCH-MOTOR...5Xcnjl&vxp=mtr
                      Cheap one
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEMCo-250-A...!US!-1&vxp=mtr
                      Less cheap but the IDENTICAL copy of what you would buy from Maxwell for like $200

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ntrol&_sacat=0

Any of those will work, I got a slightly fancy set and I think I paid $15.00

Comment

Originally posted by ronbo404 View Post
                        If you already have solenoids you can try something like this
                        It is one of my spring projects this year.

Anchor Remote Windlass Wireless Switch Boat Sail Trim Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0SQE0K..._vfpHAbA8YQYE6

Ron
                        Those will work and look at the bottom it has the solenoid

Comment

Working...
                        X