anti-freeze question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti-freeze question

I am going to replace the anti-freeze in my Hino 150 (diesel) engines...does it really make much difference what type of anti-freeze I use?
    thanks

You mean coolant, right. I use ES compleat for my Hino 250’s. It has excellent test results and recommended by many “experts”

Comment

Cummins approved according to Earl.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

ES compleat for sure, but go to Cummins “quick serve” site and open a free owners account then read the flushing procedure. It pays to do it right and get the old stuff out so you get full benefit of the extended life coolant.
        Jay J.
        98' 3587 - Respite
        Twin 250 Cummins diesel
        Camano Island Wa.

Comment

If your hinos are like many diesels, they require specific premix antifreeze made for diesels. These antifreezes are colored and are not all cross compatible. If the wrong colors are mixed, they can congeal in the engine causing damage to you engines coolant system by restricting or plugging its coolant flow. If it gets plugged it can require significant repair. My Man 610 engine’s on Omega use a red colored Zerex heavy duty extended life antifreeze/coolant...

As I’m not sure if you can get all the antifreeze out of your engine without tearing it apart, I’d check a couple th8ngs before arbitrarily adding add new antifreeze to your system......

BJ
          OMEGA
          BJ
          OMEGA

Comment

Working...
          X