3270 Raw Water Intake Hose for the Head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Raw Water Intake Hose for the Head

So after having a wet spot on the wood floor near the head I determined the raw water intake hose is leaking some where. I emptied the hose and the next time it was dry. So today I tried to re route a new hose but had no luck. The current one seems to be snagged onto something under the shower. Does any one know the best way to go about this? I tried pushing it through and pulling it through with the new one connected but the portion of the old hose under the shower would not budge. Any advice?
    1985 3270 w/ volvo 305s
    Santa Barbara, California

I had to change mine also. The hose went underneath the bottom shelf under the sink, I had to cut the bottom shelf in order to get the hose out and back in. Was not fun
    2005 c-dory 22ft. Sold 5 2014
    1985 3270 110 hino
    cruising the CA. delta

Comment

bummer! I was worried about that. Is the tube zip tired or connected to something under it?
      1985 3270 w/ volvo 305s
      Santa Barbara, California

Comment

Yup, either it has a zip tie or goes through a bulkhead that won’t let it move. You could get one of those usb borescopes and tape the camera end to a stick for a look see. I bought a 20 footer and use it all over the place. It doesn’t take much of a computer to run it either. I use a 12 year old notebook that takes forever to boot up, but the combination has been really handy as I’ve been replacing wiring and plumbing.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
        MMSI 367770440
        1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
        Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I cut a hole on the vertical part of the shower seat for a 10” hatch when I swapped to an electric toilet. It made running wires and hoses easier. I could not get the original intake hose out as it seemed to be smashed between the molded shower and the hull or something. Wedged in there really good. So I just added the new one.
          Esteban
          B-ham!
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

When you cut the bottem shelf you will see how the hose is routed
            2005 c-dory 22ft. Sold 5 2014
            1985 3270 110 hino
            cruising the CA. delta

Comment

Originally posted by eagle57 View Post
              I had to change mine also. The hose went underneath the bottom shelf under the sink, I had to cut the bottom shelf in order to get the hose out and back in. Was not fun
              Yup. Same here but its no big deal to cut it out.
              "Martini's Law"
              1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
              Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Inside the cabinet under the sink I cut out the vertical wall. There is a nice amount of room to cut in a 6" diameter access port which is enough room to get your arm in to assist with running the pipes. When you are done you end up with a concealed access port for future use. It wasn't a "cake walk" but it was very doable.
                1990 3288 twin 150 Hinos
                previous: 1964 28' Owens express cruiser, v8 crusader

Comment

Working...
                X