4788 dinghy davit power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 dinghy davit power

Sorry for all the newby questions but I can't seem to power up the dinghy hoist. I am confident it should work but think I am missing a switch or breaker somewhere. The one by the aft salon door is not tripped. Is there another switch panel for power to the hoist?

Thanks in advance as always!

Chris
    Chris & Bethany
    Sleep Walk - 1999 4788 w/330 Cummins
    New to us in October 2017
    Moored in Anacortes, WA

Sold: 1994 2855 Rosalita 7.4L B2 2013-2017

Chris

The one by the salon door is the only breaker in that circuit.

The connector for the remote tends to get dirty and need cleaning or just installing and removing the remote a few times.

If that does not help, there is a set of Solenoids just behind the large access panel next to the davit.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I opened that hatch and found the solenoids and got it to drive the motor as needed. I need to troubleshoot the remote then.

Thanks!
      Chris
      Chris & Bethany
      Sleep Walk - 1999 4788 w/330 Cummins
      New to us in October 2017
      Moored in Anacortes, WA

Sold: 1994 2855 Rosalita 7.4L B2 2013-2017

Comment

The OEM remote is kinda crappy. I cleaned mine several times and put it back in service only to have it become unreliable over time so I replaced it with one I found on a heavy equipment site. No doubt it is over engineered for our purposes but it is waterproof and probably bulletproof and cost around $100. It is intended for use operating a warehouse crane. I dont have time to find a link now but will later if you need this. I also replaced the wall plug/socket at the same time for a better waterproof model.
        Alan Teed
        MOONDANCE
        '94 4788
        Gig Harbor, WA
        Previously:
        2006 Hylas 49' blowboat
        Bayliner 2855
        1977 Cal 34' blowboat
        1981 Hunter 33' blowboat
        Experience: Sail 50 years, Motor 15 years. 2 Transats, 1 Baltimore-Virgin Islands, 6 Months cruising Caribbean, 3.5 years cruising Med.

Comment

Here is a link to the ACI hoist controller that I purchased to replace the OEM Bayliner controller. With the options I wanted and an extra long cord it worked out less than $100
          https://acihoist.com/tseries.html
          Alan Teed
          MOONDANCE
          '94 4788
          Gig Harbor, WA
          Previously:
          2006 Hylas 49' blowboat
          Bayliner 2855
          1977 Cal 34' blowboat
          1981 Hunter 33' blowboat
          Experience: Sail 50 years, Motor 15 years. 2 Transats, 1 Baltimore-Virgin Islands, 6 Months cruising Caribbean, 3.5 years cruising Med.

Comment

Before replacing you might want to try spraying Electrical Contact Cleaner liberally on both the cord end and socket. A little bit of corrosion here can stop it from working.
            Mike
            "Allante" Rayburn 75
            Previous: '97 4788

Comment

Working...
            X