New Bayliner 32xx owner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bayliner 32xx owner

I’m looking to purchase a1988 3218 Bayliner Motor Yacht. Anybody have any tips for me before going on a sea trial etc.

Gas? Diesel?
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

Hino diesel

Comment

You need to check fuel tanks and the framing around them. You need to check the seats frames and decks for soft spots around fittings. When running you need to run, say, 20 minutes at 3000 rpm to watch temp gauge to ensure you don't exceed 180 degrees. That will tell you about risers and coolers.
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

There is a very useful sea trial checklist on 32xx.com. If you follow this during your trial you will have a very good idea of what kind of mechanical condition it is in.
          1990 3288 twin 150 Hinos
          previous: 1964 28' Owens express cruiser, v8 crusader

Comment

If the boat is from a rainy area check the flybridge for soft spots. Also from inside the cabin check the wood that's above the window frame, where the rails for the curtains attach. They can rot out towards the rear which lets the flybridge sag and then makes it hard to open/close the rear door. I had to replace mine, lots of work. All the above is very prevalent in rainy areas.
            Esteban
            B-ham!
            Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Working...
            X