HINO 220 RAW WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HINO 220 RAW WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT

Now that there are no more Kashiyama pumps available what are owners using as a good replacement? I suspect there are many pumps that can be adapted to the current mounting position.

I can supply a rebuild kit for these pumps with new water seals, lip seal, impeller, and bearings. These can be fitted with no machining or adaption of the pump body and allows you to keep your original pump. I understand the major problem with these pumps is the water seal is now obsolete rendering the whole pump obsolete if it is leaking from the shaft seal. You can contact me at kiwimarineservices@xtra.co.nz for more details. You can get your engineer to install the kit or you can easily do it yourself if you do your own maintenance. The kit and installation is a fraction of the cost of trying to adapt an aftermarket pump to fit the engine or doing expensive machining to adapt another type of water seal.

Comment

Thanks for the information but the pump body has corroded so bad under at the front under the main pulley that it is not re-buildable. I need a good pump body at this point and cannot find one.

Comment

There are a number of options for this situation that were covered well under the old BOC forum. If you google some will still come up, here is one....

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/current-topics-gc6/motoryachts-gc15/179320-eh700-raw-water-pump-replacement-gctid598297
        Northport NY

Comment

Marine Parts Supply lists the raw water pump still, not listed as stock but a quick call or email could verify availability. Pricey, but it’s a complete pump. They also list the pump seal for $121.00.
          Note pricing is in $cdn.

James
          1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
          Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
          Lowrance Electronics!
          MMSI
          VHF CFA2587
          Boating on Georgian Bay

Comment

Working...
          X