Carpet and Flooring Installer - Anacortes Area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet and Flooring Installer - Anacortes Area

Do any of you know of a good boat carpet and/or flooring installer in the Anacortes area?
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

I did my carpet last year and couldn't find anyone willing to do it. I searched from Seattle to Anacortes. Finally a contractor friend of mine said if I tore out the old carpet and saved it for a pattern he would install the new carpet. It took 2 of us 3 days to pull out all the staple out of the hatches. We made the mistake of removing the seating in the salon which was a huge undertaking and not really necessary. He was able to get the carpeting up tight enough to the port side cabinets that you couldn't see the edge. If you don't pull the captains seat it can be a challange to carpet that area and the carpet on either side of the bed is really glued down well!
    Kevin
    Seattle
    'Joysea' 1998 3788 MY 270 Cummins
    My 6th Bayliner

Comment

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. For a different reason I will need to temporarily remove the part of the settee that is runs athwartship and is up against the aft bulkhead. Is this removable without disturbing the rest of the settee?
      Anacortes, WA

Comment

Norton, yes the aft portion is removable by itself. it is a real bear to get out. I had all the screws removed from the aluminum angle iron plus any screws holding the 2 settee parts together and I couldn't budge the smaller seat. I had a friend come down to see if he could find missing screws or something holding it in place. After a while he just started yanking (he's bigger than me) and it started to move. After 18 years the seat had sunk a good 1/2 inch into the carpet and had to be raised up before it could slide forward. The formica behind the seat goes over the "L" seat and comes out with the smaller seat. You have to remove the teak strip that is covering the joint and I think there are some screw holding it together. I can't remember exactly where all of the hidden screw are but once you know it can come out you should be able to find them.
        Kevin
        Seattle
        My 6th Bayliner

Comment

Look up Bob Hindes in Anacortes. He was with Bayliner for over 20 years and did interiors. He came HIGHLY recommended by Banana Belt and sounds like he's the man for the job. He's expensive, but from what I've been told you'll never find anyone with as much attention to detail or who knows these boats as well.
          James
          2000 4788 | "Freedom"
          Gig Harbor, WA
          11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
          Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
          Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Uppy22 View Post
            Look up Bob Hindes in Anacortes. He was with Bayliner for over 20 years and did interiors. He came HIGHLY recommended by Banana Belt and sounds like he's the man for the job. He's expensive, but from what I've been told you'll never find anyone with as much attention to detail or who knows these boats as well.
            Amy at Banana Belt told me that Bob was not doing this anymore.
            Anacortes, WA

Comment

Originally posted by uffdakev View Post
              Norton, yes the aft portion is removable by itself. it is a real bear to get out. I had all the screws removed from the aluminum angle iron plus any screws holding the 2 settee parts together and I couldn't budge the smaller seat. I had a friend come down to see if he could find missing screws or something holding it in place. After a while he just started yanking (he's bigger than me) and it started to move. After 18 years the seat had sunk a good 1/2 inch into the carpet and had to be raised up before it could slide forward. The formica behind the seat goes over the "L" seat and comes out with the smaller seat. You have to remove the teak strip that is covering the joint and I think there are some screw holding it together. I can't remember exactly where all of the hidden screw are but once you know it can come out you should be able to find them.
              Thanks for the advice. I was able to remove what I needed which was the two outer boards that form the "L" and the upper flat cap. I did not have to disturb the teak trim strips and kept them attached to the board. Bayliner sure loved using screws!
              Anacortes, WA

Comment

I removed all the seating in the salon and when I reinstalled it a have a baggy full of screws I didn't replace. I am certain that if the boat flipped over the seat are going nowhere!
                Kevin
                Seattle
                My 6th Bayliner

Comment

Working...
                X