4788 Replacement Tachs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 Replacement Tachs

I have heard that Stewart-Warner tachs are “plug and play”, using the same sender as the originals. My tachs are drifting and now doh’t go to fairly accurate when tapped as before. Does anyone know exactly which SW tachs are right?

Thanks in advance

Gary

I have Aetna tachs. They work great, very reliable!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Kevin: Thanks for the answer. Do the Aetna tachs use the same senders as the originals? Where is the best place to get them?

Gary

Comment

I think they do, but honestly the tach’s were installed as part of the repower.

If memory serves correctly I bought them factory direct from thew manufacturer.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

A couple of options I can toss out to you:
          - If you're interested in the original stock tachs that came with the 4788, I have some I can send you for the low price of free. They worked fine, just removed them when Floscans were installed.
          - I also have a set of Aetna digital tachs for sale. They're the red LED. I mistakenly bought them for the flybridge but they are best for a shaded area like the pilothouse, not for sunny area like flybridge.
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ch-gctid822679
          Pat
          Paragon
          1999 4788

Comment

I installed the Aetna tachs a couple of years ago and just used the wire already at the old tachs and it has worked fine since.
            Kevin
            Seattle
            'Joysea' 1998 3788 MY 270 Cummins
            My 6th Bayliner

Comment

I cleaned my tach contacts and the tachs work great now. You also can send them to the manufacturer for repair. Often time they will send you new ones for free.
              Guntar
              1999 3988
              Cummins 270s

Comment

Working...
              X