Bayliner 3988 raised profile lettering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 3988 raised profile lettering

Thanks everyone, I have learned a lot on this website, but this might be a tough one. Does anyone know where I can purchase new outside lettering for my 1995 3988. 23 yrs in the sun has taken it's toll. I need all the raised lettering The Bayliner logo original part # 55462,.... the 3988 logo part # 58365,.....and the yacht logo part # 55463. and all the outside decals like water, Diesel, electric, and Holding tank labels. I do not know if they re-produce any of these, if any can be made, or any NOS ones laying around. Regards, Ken

This might be what you are looking for - https://www.ebay.com/itm/BAYLINER-BL...RYI0Lm&vxp=mtr

Regards, Marc
    MY 3988
    M/V MMPOWRD
    Poulsbo, WA

Comment

Thanks, Marc. I had looked at there store on ebay, but must have overlooked the letters. I just ordered a set of the BAYLINER letters. I will call them about the 3988 #'s and bayliner emblem... I did not see them on there site.

Comment

You are correct as I couldn't find the numbers myself. My boat came without both. Previous owner said the detailer made a buffing mistake; so he took both letters and number off. Actually, it looks great without and people at docks are always asking me what model boat I have? Ha Ha
        Attached Files
        MY 3988
        M/V MMPOWRD
        Poulsbo, WA

Comment

See above.
          MY 3988
          M/V MMPOWRD
          Poulsbo, WA

Comment

WOW! What a shine! You Have that Boat looking great! I purchased mine last June and am trying to get the shine back. Have compounded twice....Painted the window frames....and am trying to replace or touch up the pin stripes and those logos. Never thought about just getting rid of them. I think this Boat has lived it's whole life in the full sun. It. is docked in an open slip in FLA. with Sun everyday. I live in CO. so I do what I can. It is already looking better than when I purchased it though. Thanks for help...regards Ken

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3988 Polished1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	408827 I actually removed all the badging and stripping from my 39 before I had it detailed and I really like the "clean" look. As Bay 39 said, I have had quite a few people ask me what kind of boat it is....lol
              Alex
              Orange County, Ca.
              2001 3988
              Twin Cummins 330's

Comment

that does look good! I might have to re-think this.

Comment

Alex,
                  your boat is looking sharp! What did you use to remove all the decals and lettering?
                  Steve
                  2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                  12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                  MV Kia Orana
                  Currently Alameda CA

Comment

• Ahaua
                    Ahaua commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Woodsea.....great hearing from you and thank you again for the help in Oakland! After a little research, I used a 3M strip off wheel that you attach to your drill motor. You can Youtube it to see it in action. Once you get the hang of it, it works really well to remove any vinyl stripping. I purchased the wheel on Amazon. You want to buy the one that includes the mandrel. Here's a link:
                    https://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Whe.../dp/B00063VT0G

Hope you're doing well!! If you ever head south, give us a call; I'm on the same dock as Jim.

There's rubber discs you can buy at NAPA and put on a drill.. removes vinyl and decals from fiberglass amazingly well.. spin it slow and work the speed up til you can feel it remove well. It heats up where it's rubbing, so you gotta get a feel for it.. I stripped an entire 34ft winnebago motorhome with one wheel.. still have it. Once you're finessing it right, it goes really fast and leaves zero marks on your fiberglass. Just go in and ell them you need one of the decal eraser tools.

Comment

Working...
                  X