3788 fly bridge drainage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3788 fly bridge drainage

I have lots of water coming in down the port window valance. I've searched and found lots of info about fly bridge scuppers on the bigger models but no information on the 3788. I've located two "scuppers" if you can call them that located in the aft corners of the fly bridge. These are openings that water flows into. It looks like water is expected to flow freely under the settee and combing and out the little holes. Underneath on the aft corners appear to be the exits which at best looks to be a 5/16 - 3/8 inch hole. Perhaps that is all there is. If the drains are plugged water builds up and overflows the "gutters" between the scupper and drain hole and runs down into the interior? I've tried fishing a thin brazing wire into the openings but that has not done much good. I would imagine Bayliner followed the same pattern for drainage on various models? My next attempt will be to apply air pressure into the drain holes to see if that might blow out the clog.
    Tony Bacon,
    Washougal, WA
    Caspian
    1997 3788 Twin Cummins 250hp

My port side drain under the settee starts to slow down occasionally and I hit it from the inside with a blast of water from a garden hose and that clears it out. If you ran a brazing wire all the way through I imagine that you didn't really clear it you just pushed it aside and it just closed down again.
    But if you are getting water inside the salon you need to reseal the gutter.

Kevin
    Seattle
    'Joysea' 1998 3788 MY 270 Cummins
    My 6th Bayliner

Comment

Originally posted by uffdakev View Post
      My port side drain under the settee starts to slow down occasionally and I hit it from the inside with a blast of water from a garden hose and that clears it out. If you ran a brazing wire all the way through I imagine that you didn't really clear it you just pushed it aside and it just closed down again.
      But if you are getting water inside the salon you need to reseal the gutter.
      Kevin, have you resealed the gutter? Can you describe where that seal is located?
      Tony Bacon,
      Washougal, WA
      Caspian
      1997 3788 Twin Cummins 250hp

Comment

Recently had a leak inside the salon, starboard side and which leaked on the electronics/dash on my 1990 3288. Initially thought there was a leak from the fly bridge but found it was leaking from the brow above the salon steering station where water was pooling. I resealed the 2 stainless steel horizontal trim strips on the outside of the brow that overhangs the windshield and wraps around both port and starboard. That resolved the issue. Not sure if your 3788 has the same detail?
        "Scandia Lady"
        1990 Bayliner 3288. Twin 135 Hinos.
        Westshore Marina
        Gig Harbor, WA

*1975 Glasply
        135 Evinrude E-Tec mounted on an Armstrong Engine mount.
        Greater Puget Sound
        *1992 Ski Nautique
        351 Ford
        Lake Tapps, WA

Comment

I have not had to reseal my gutter on my 3788 but I did on my 3288. I just ran some tape above the gutter (maybe an 1/8 of inch above it) and clear siliconed the top.
          Kevin
          Seattle
          'Joysea' 1998 3788 MY 270 Cummins
          My 6th Bayliner

Comment

Working...
          X