4788 Master TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 Master TV

I'd like to add a TV to the master stateroom. Curious what people have found to be the best brand/size for a TV, and also if anyone has creative mounting solutions they like. My current plan is very basic, install it on the port side just forward of the hanging locker where the coax jack is using a basic articulating mount. There is currently an old AM/FM/Cassette deck just below that next to the light switches that I plan to replace with a Fusion AV650 and run the RCA cables to a new 3 RCA plate I will install next to the coax plate.

Would love to hear what people have done. Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Location.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	407628
    James
    2000 4788 | "Freedom"
    Gig Harbor, WA
    11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
    Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
    Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Hi James,

In my previous boat, a 4588, I installed a 28in Samsung smart tv from the ceiling on a fold up mount. When I wanted to use it, I simply folded it down. I mounted it just so it cleared the cabin door , which when unfolded, it was basically even to the foot of the bed. At first I thought it would be in the way when retracted down, but it was actually easy to pass by as it was just a tad past directly above the beds edge. When folded up, it nests it’s face/front to the ceiling and only set about 3inches or so down. I ran the wiring into the cieling lining to the starboard side where I had power, etc... it freed up my countertops for ther things....

~BJ
    OMEGA
    BJ
    OMEGA

Comment

On our 4588 we 24" Smart TV on a arm mounted to the face of the strb cabinet, We can stow it out the way (and it is view able form there as well) or swing it out on the arm about 16" so it is more center,. Makes my wife happier that way...happy wife, happy life!!!
      Mark
      USCG OUPV
      1990 4588
      Carlsbad, CA

Comment

We installed a new Visio 24" last year and it did not require a mount. The set wedges nicely between the DTV receiver and the ceiling right where you are planning to put it. I just used an earthquake strap for extra insurance in rough seas. So, you just might look for a set with exactly the right dimensions to fill the space.
        2002 4788/Cummins 330s
        SF Bay Area

Comment

Thanks everyone, all great suggestions. I'll be on the boat for the next few days so will spend some time looking at the project in more detail and formulating my plan with all your suggestions in mind!
          James
          2000 4788 | "Freedom"
          Gig Harbor, WA
          11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
          Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
          Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

Hi James, what was your final solution to this? We really want to do add a Tv in the master suite as well
            Shelton Lyter and Karri Matau
            Anacortes, Wa
            2001 Bayliner 4788/Cummins 370s "Hei Matau"
            1986 Bayliner 3870

Comment

Don't know if this helps but I just used a couple of straps from the canvas and slip a laptop or as in the pics a tablet. In there for late nite viewing. You can get remotes for a laptop cheep and the screen can be made to go upside down. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210902_140241.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	630642
              P/C Bob Hicks JN
              Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
              Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
              Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
              Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
              Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

Working...
              X