X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MerlinV
    started a topic 5788 Window Valances

5788 Window Valances

We are in the process of replacing the window coverings on our 5788. As a part of this process we would like to change the fabric covering the valances above the windows, but can't figure out how to remove them. I figure that there must be a sequence of removing the various vinyl covered panels to access the mounting screws for the valances, but so far, no success.

Has anyone any idea how these valances can be removed?

• igiftmon
    replied
    Thank you for the kind words.... it took me a bit to get things just right,but I think it worked out pretty well...

as a side note,I made them just a shade narrower than I wanted them and stretched them ever so slightly after I ironed them, so they would lay how I wanted. The other advantage I like about removable valances is that I can change them fairly easily in the future If and when I want.

I look forward to seeing your new valences...

~BJ

Leave a comment:

• MerlinV
    replied
    Alan's right, those Roman shades are outstanding - what a great idea. This will be one of the upgrades that will totally be in the hands pf the Admiral.

Leave a comment:

• Alan_Teed
    commented on 's reply
    The Roman shade covers look great! I take back my comment above since clearly the 5788 valence arrangement is very different from the 4788! I am pulling my valences off and replacing with slimmer teak panels.

• igiftmon
    replied
    Hey Rob,

Funny you are working on your valences... I just was talking to another friend in Tacoma that is redoing some of thier 5288 interior and they ran into a snag with removing the valence panel’s... they found that the valence required a lot of dismantling of the interior to get them down to redo. Instead of pulling my valences apart, I decided to simply make Roman shade type covers that were installed it’s Velcro and removable.. they ere way cheaper and seemed to do the trick...

~BJ

Leave a comment:

• Alan_Teed
    replied
    The valences on the 4788 are screwed upwards to the ceiling inside the valence and the screws/fender washers are quite visible once the window coverings/blinds are removed. Not sure if they used the same method on your more recent 5788.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X