Bilge pump fuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilge pump fuses

None of my bilge pumps are working and I suspect one or more blown fuses. I don’t see apn evidence of blown fuses at the lower helm, but an electrical diagram suggests that there may be one or more fuses that are not housed in the fuse blocks behind the helm panel. Anyone have an idea where I might look for fuse holders?
    Dick
    Cheers
    Oceanside
    1987 3218 w/ 150 Hinos

Are they not working by the helm switch and float if you lift it up? I have seen some boats located the fuses on the battery switch panel.
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Take a look how it's wired,
      inline fuse along the line most likely
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

As Joon suggested, the fuse may be located as an "in line" type of fuse, look near the pump itself.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
        (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
        The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I agree with Joon and Dave for the float switch power but the helm manual switch is a separate fuse
          1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

My 4087 has inline fuses as well as the helm fuses. Also, I had an issue where the bilge pump didn't run, but checking voltage at the pump indicated indicated it was OK.

I found a butt splice connection corded that had voltage, but would not carry sufficient current. When I actuated the float switch, the voltage dropped to near zero. I cleaned the connection and replaced the butt splice and it resolved the issue.

Comment

Check the main Battery switch panel, on my 3988 the fuses for the Auto bilge pumps are located there.

here is a pic of a 3888 panel and the auto bilge pump fuses are upper right on the panel

"Adios Dinero"
              1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
              Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

On "Mr. Darcy" (a 3270) there is a main fuse for the bilge pumps in the battery switch panel face. Then behind the panel are two inline fuses, one to each of the two engine compartment pumps. The main could be fine but one of the inline fuses behind could be blown.

Greg
                Newport, Oregon
                South Beach Marina
                1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
                Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
                Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                X