Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 32 anchor pulpit support ?

Hi
    I am thinking of having a support made to strengthen the bow/anchor pulpit on our bayliner 32. Think it would be made of stainless rail that would go from the external u bolt on the hull below the bow to the bow pulpit itself Last season I had our anchor hang up on the bottom and the pulpit took a lot of abuse before we were able to free it. Has anybody built a support bracket? If so would like to see some photos...
    thanks

I have seen that style of support on Sportfishers before,i'am sure it would help.You might also think about rebuilding the pulpit,making it stronger and using bigger thru bolts and backing plates.It makes a huge difference....Good luck Brad
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    LaConner,Wa. (summer)
    2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
    kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

I have done this very thing to several boats.. I make a stainless plate with a pad eye, that attaches to the stem 18 to 24 inches below the pulpit, using 2 bolts thru the stem just like a bow eye would be....
      then, a bit larger plate with a pad eye that attaches directly to the underside of the pulpit, just behind the roller... then I measure how far apart the holes in the 2 pad eyes are, and build a strut long enough to connect the two.... using 3/8 or 1/2 inch bolts, depending on the size of boat..... it takes all the spring out of the pulpit and makes it solid.

NU LIBERTE'
      Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
      5.7 OMC Cobra
      N2K equipped throughout..

Comment

Not likely to break after 25 some-odd years. Flex, but not break.
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Working...
        X