Low RPM Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low RPM Vibration

Concerning my '87 3218 w/135's, at low (below 1000 rpm's), in neutral or in gear, it vibrates a lot, causing the hatch covers especially to rattle like crazy. This in turn, drives my bride crazy and we all know nothing good can come of that ! I've checked all the normal issues and is fine there. My question is: I went to the 32xx.com site and under tech articles, the very first post is this issue, and concerns changing the right front motor mount to a different style. Straight instead of angled. Has anyone here done that, and did it fix the problem ? Thanks
    1987 3218 135 hp Hino's
    Bremerton Yacht Club
    '00 Road King

I would adjust the valves and get the injectors service first. My 135s are very sensitive to valve adjustment at low rpm. Now they are smooth down to about 600 rpm.
    Jim
    1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

If you don’t have any service records showing the valve adjustment having been done, it’s really the starting place for me. You should contact Earl Summerville, the “Bayliner Guru”. He truly is the expert on Hino engines. He travels all over and is probably in Florida about now, but don’t let that slow you down from contacting him. http://www.susanmohr.com/index.html
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

I've done all that, was asking if anyone had done the mount change as shown in the post. Thanks for your replies !
        1987 3218 135 hp Hino's
        Bremerton Yacht Club
        '00 Road King

Comment

Working...
        X