Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 Parts Supplier Info Wanted

Hi All,

A neighboring boat backed into my boarding platform on my 4788 about a week ago and smashed up one corner. It is repairable but I need to get hold of some replacement boarding platform rubrail. US Marine Cross Reference has the part listed as # 1702138

I also need to replace both bottom tracks on my Pilothouse doors as they are getting worn. The updated part number I have for this is # 1702441

I have already replaced the door roller assemblies thanks to Smitty477.

Can anyone help with a supplier for either or both of these parts please? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Ken
    Ken

'94 4788 - "[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][I]Crystal Voyager[/I][/COLOR][/FONT] "

If you can dream it, you can do it

Hi Kenny
    Wow, it's been a long time since we saw you here!
    After the swim platform has been repaired, I highly recommend that you use proper boat rubrail with a stainless insert rather than the original factory plastic strip. You will need to go one size down from the 4788 size rubrail.
    The finished product looks way better than the original, and has many more times the strength preventing damage from future mishaps.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1891.JPG Views:	1 Size:	265.4 KB ID:	405138
    Rob
    Bayliner 5788
    'Merlin V'
    Vancouver BC

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, but I can't seem to view your photo. Can you resend perhaps? Also, since I am in New Zealand, I will need to buy my parts online. Can you send a link to a site that sells the upgraded rubrail please?

Many thanks
      Ken
      Ken

'94 4788 - "[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][I]Crystal Voyager[/I][/COLOR][/FONT] "

Comment

Hey Rob,

Is that a picture of Merlin IV’s swimstep? I never saw your old boat, before...

~BJ
        BJ
        OMEGA

Comment

Hi Ken,
          I'm not sure why you are not seeing the photo of our M490 swim platform, I'll try a different picture.

Fisheries Supply in Seattle can supply rub rail & stainless inserts. Here are the links;

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/mate...ard-base-white
          https://www.fisheriessupply.com/mate...s-inserts-bars

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1891.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	405767Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1892.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	405768
          Rob
          Bayliner 5788
          'Merlin V'
          Vancouver BC

Comment

Originally posted by KennyFerret View Post
            Hi All,

A neighboring boat backed into my boarding platform on my 4788 ....
            Had nearly the same thing happen to me, except it was a dock finger that backed into the corner of my swim platform....

Pat
            Paragon
            1999 4788

Comment

Originally posted by KennyFerret View Post
              ...I also need to replace both bottom tracks on my Pilothouse doors as they are getting worn. The updated part number I have for this is # 1702441
              Ken, an alternative to replacing the track is repairing the existing one with a cap. A friend at my marina used a stainless cap from Prime-Line on the tracks on his boat and it is working great.

https://www.primeline.net/product-ca...ck-repair-caps

1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
              2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
              Anacortes, WA

Comment

Many thanks to all for your replys. Norton Rider, that seems like an excellent idea. Would you by chance know the part number of the stainless cap he used? With regard to the rubrail I am going to look at Rob's suggestion of upgrading to a stainless insert type rubrail. For those of you looking in future for the original boarding platform rubrail, you can find it at:

http://barbourplastics.com/

The original part number is R1014

Cheers
                Ken
                Ken

Comment

Working...
                X