38XX Galley Window Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38XX Galley Window Replacement

I’d like to replace the window above the galley in my 1989 3888. There used to be a thread that described the window and manufacturer but it appears that info has bee lost. Does anyone recall the direct window replacement info?
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

I remember the thread. I looked to see if bookmarked the supplier, but, alas, I didn’t. Sorry.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

It was Hehr window I have the part numbers down at my work I'll post them if some does not beat me to it tomorrow
      im got AJR windows but have not installed them yet seem to be a lot nicer window and they mach my flybridge enclosed
      Roy
      SE Alaska
      1988 3818
      EH 700
      Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

-window 1961 10 1/2' H 62' L Hehr part# 01-1961-104-620-3535-2551
        -window 1962 10 1/2 H 62' L Hehr part # 01-1962-104-620-3535-2551

Those are the part numbers I got from a previous thread when I ordered windows last fall. I missed my opportunity to install them and now they sit in the box at work until spring, lol. They will be a monumental improvement over the originals I have.

Friday, May 12, 2017 4:49 PM
        The current cost for these windows is $ 531.20 each, plus $15.00 boxing, UPS shipping.
        Lead time to make them is 3-4 weeks.
        To order, please call .
        Thank you,

Doug Parsons
        ParKin Accessories Inc.
        . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Cool, regarding the two windows, galley and midberth, are they the same windows? I see you have two different part numbers listed but dimensionally they look the same?

RDH, am I reading you correctly, you have another source for the windows, AJR? If so please post part numbers if you can.
          Jim Gandee
          1989 3888
          Hino 175's
          Fire Escape
          Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Years ago I replaced the windows on a 28' Tollycraft, purchased from Hehr windows, I do not remember which plant they came from.
            Those windows are still water tight, and it is a charter boat in Seward, AK

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...6t-jJYdgA8dKiL
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Originally posted by Cool_Beans View Post
              -window 1961 10 1/2' H 62' L Hehr part# 01-1961-104-620-3535-2551
              -window 1962 10 1/2 H 62' L Hehr part # 01-1962-104-620-3535-2551

Those are the part numbers I got from a previous thread when I ordered windows last fall. I missed my opportunity to install them and now they sit in the box at work until spring, lol. They will be a monumental improvement over the originals I have.

Friday, May 12, 2017 4:49 PM
              The current cost for these windows is $ 531.20 each, plus $15.00 boxing, UPS shipping.
              Lead time to make them is 3-4 weeks.
              To order, please call .
              Thank you,

Doug Parsons
              ParKin Accessories Inc.
              It was my post and those are indeed the part numbers you need to order from hehr. Definately worth the time to replace.

Sean
              1987 3870
              Crimson Pride II
              Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
              MMSI: 338080226

Comment

Is there a source to obtain the felt guide that rots away in the lower channel on these windows? Mine slide fine , I just need the lower flocking.
                Gibraltar, Mi.
                1986- 3870- Hino 175's - Just purchased May ,2017
                34' Tollycraft- sold
                88 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
                14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

As an alternative, I removed the window that was in the mid cabin and had a glass shop repair it. About $250.
                  The trick is to get out the window without bending it or breaking the glass. The solution was to use DeBond marine formula spray that breaks the seal on the 5200 (there several others that seem to work as well). Buy plastic automotive wedge to assist with the removal. Take your time and it will come out intact. I wanted to fix them as I am frugal (others say cheap) and equally important is the HEHR is black framed and I wanted to keep the look of the aluminum.

RDOIII

Comment

Thy Great Lakes Skipper online, they have 98 different boat window gaskets.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...IN6oy0seKR1FhJ
                    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                    Twin 350 GM power
                    Located in Seward, AK
                    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Good info all! Thank you.
                      Jim Gandee
                      1989 3888
                      Hino 175's
                      Fire Escape
                      Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Gandee View Post
                        Thanks for the replies guys!

Cool, regarding the two windows, galley and midberth, are they the same windows? I see you have two different part numbers listed but dimensionally they look the same?

RDH, am I reading you correctly, you have another source for the windows, AJR? If so please post part numbers if you can.
                        Wow! I've not been getting any post notifications...

Anyways, they are mirror images of each, hence the different part numbers. They are dimensionally the as far as I can tell.
                        . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

Working...
                        X