Coolant change Hino WO6 TDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant change Hino WO6 TDI

Used vacuum pump to remove 5 gallons per engine. When refilled 4 gallons topped out. Ran for a few minutes, bled turbo, no air. Coolant level still full in heat exchanger. Where is the missing gallon?
    Does the engine need to be completely warmed up?
    Thanks for any insight.

If the engine is cold the thermostat is closed. Run it until warm, preferably away from the dock as idle won't allow it to warm up. Let cool overnight and top up.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Thanks, when I changed it before I didn't measure what I removed though I do remember adding some later. I used CAT DEAC which is supposedly good for 3000 hours. A little more expensive but long lived.

Comment

Hi Dave
        I use Fleet Guard almost same as Cat,that being said you should rethink that 3000 hour change?? If that's what you meant. I change my Hinos every 2 years.
        Anyway just my 2cts worth.
        Brad & Sharon
        Lady Jake
        1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
        LaConner,Wa. (summer)
        2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
        kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

We have W06D TI in our 3587. On the last coolant change I used a 1/2" hose into a bucket. I then connected the a pressure tester to the cap on the manicooler. I attached the 1/2" hose to the drain valve on the downstream end of the manicooler added a bit of pressure until the level dropped to the point of that valve. I then moved the hose to the lower drain valve (below the alternator) and emptied the remaining coolant by the same method. I cannot remember exact amount but I remember it was pretty well bang on the spec in the engine manual. When refilling I found with both engines they were not prone to an air lock as long as you take the air bleed plug out of the turbo on each engine respectively. Once the coolant came out of the plug, it was full. Even once run up a few times there after no additional top up was required.
          1995 Bayliner 3587
          Twin Hino 250HP
          Located In Sidney BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X