Water on Floor in Front of Ice Maker on 47-gctid401947

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water on Floor in Front of Ice Maker on 47-gctid401947

We have a damp carpet in front of ice maker on our 47. Just started. Put all the ice cubes in a plastic bag in freezer and the water leak seems to have stopped or slowed a bunch. It is not a large leak, an area about a foot square. Any one had this issue before and what was the solution. I am sure Bayliner did not plumb in a valve to shut off the water supply to the ice maker, but who knows?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Hey MM

Had the same issue on my 3988 after I replaced the icemaker with a new one of the same make and model. The damned Pex water lines and fittings are a bitch to get right and there was a leak from one of the fittings where it joined the new unit. I finally replaced the main line with some more flexible stuff and got the plumbing shop to come up with fittings that were WAY more user friendly and fixed the prob.

I was also having issues with water overflowing the tray slightly and freezing down the back of the storage area and just turned down the cube size a little and fixed that problem

Comment

Mine did that when it was on, so I pulled it out (6 screws) and tried to find the leak and the leak stopped, never to be found!

I re-installed the unit and have been happy ever since.

There is no shut off valve, but if I ever have to disconnect the water I'll be adding a valve. They're cheap and easy to install.

You can take the unit out and its easy to see where any leak is.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Hi Mickey,

I pulled my ice maker a few years ago to run some wires. the water line had a direct connection, no valve. If I ever pull it again I plan to put one in.

We run our Gen about 6 hours a day to keep a 7 cf freezer going on the FB. With the gen running we have the ice maker working too. Several times the carpet was wet in front of the Ice maker. We found it was the ice/frost melting when the power was off. The water ran out the front. But only under certain conditions.

I'm envious that you're up north and I'm still stuck in Hawaii.

We'll be in the San Juans most of August. No Canada this year. Can't get enough time off.

Say hello to Bill, Jean and the gang at Lagoon Cove for us. Don't eat too many shrimp. We hope to be up there again next year.

Chris

Comment

Had a leak at the ice-make on our boat. Supply line to the water valve cracked near the screw on fitting. Easy fix.

Comment

Found a very small leak at the very large plastic fitting (almost garden hose size female fitting) that I think supplies water to the ice maker. Opened up the fitting and found a rubber washer inside that was cracking and distorted. Did not have replacement or anything close, so I filled area around rubber washer with silicone and put fitting back on and tightened it up. It squeezed out silicone between fitting and hose. Let it dry overnight and no more leaks. Might be harder to remove fitting next time, but at least we will have ice for next 6 weeks without wet carpet. No more wet carpet or leaks that I can find. Thanks for the advice. Mickey
            Started boating 1965
            Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Working...
            X