Removing the side by side refrigerator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the side by side refrigerator

where do I start to get this refrigerator removed from my 3988?
    Last edited by ksanders; 01-05-2018, 04:05 PM.

Open/remove the doors, and if there are screws holding the frame to the cabinet, remove those, then the units should slide out.
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "Sea Ya"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Thanks Jeff. If they are a side by side can I remove one then the other since there’s no room to slide both out at once.

Comment

• Jeffw
        Jeffw commented
        Editing a comment
        I know they are side by side, I would think they are separate units, but not sure. I've removed single units from other boats, but not the 3988. I'm a bit familiar though, we've been looking at a lot of 3988's lately...

I own a 2000 3988 and have had the refrigerator out a few times. First there are 4 screws one in each corner along the door edges that hold the unit to the cabinet, remove those. The unit is one piece not two. The cupboard to starboard has an opening under the bottom shelf remove the 4 screws reach in toward the bow side should be a 110 plugin for the unit on the floor, unplug this because in my case the cord isn't long enough to let you remove the unit. Then just pull the unit out into the galley floor. (you do have the room to get it out it's not as big as you think) hope this helps Cheers.
      Island Girl 2000 3988
      Sarasota,Florida
      There are worse places to be than on your boat.

Comment

• Aqua_Therapy
        Aqua_Therapy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Noah.

Single unit as each side shares the same compressor. Good info from Noah.
      1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Watch out when your pulling the fridge out you don't scratch the wood floor.
        I always put it on a rug or a piece of cardboard to help slide it out.
        Greg
        1999 Bayliner 3988
        Twin Cummins 6BTA 270hp
        Malaspina Strait, BC

Comment

The unit comes out in minutes by removing the screws around the frame then pull it forward on a carpet to protect the floor.
          Back off the small screws that hold the Dc wires and remove the wires.Dc power off.
          Open the cabinet door beside the fridge on the port side and you will see the access panel you need to remove for pulling the ac plug.
          Mine had a zap strap on the wire harness that was A PAI to get off.
          This unit fits out the rear door with ease.
          My unit had corrosion in the freezer cooling units and I dropped it off at Freezer cool in Bellingham and Dave repaired it.
          Not cheap but better then $2500for a new unit
          2001 Bayliner 3988 330 hp Cummins 6bta m3
          Located in Blaine Harbour Marina

Comment

Working...
          X