3270 Wet Floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Wet Floor

Was gone for 5 days and came back to check on the boat. Found this wet spot by the gallery/ v-berth. Originally I thought it had been water that was stagnant from a broken shower drain pipe but thats not the case. Prior to me leaving the spot was dry. Then I came back 5 days later and it was wet. The boat did not move and it did not rain. I had the water pump off. Where could this water be coming from?

Head?
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Thats my next guess. I think I will pull the head off tomorrow. Its a manual head. I sure hope its not the black water line. What is the lay out like for piping under the head?

Comment

Hmmm.

Look in that hanging locker and the storage area in the v berth. Good call on pulling the head. Look likes whatever it is, it's been happening for a while. Also there is the sink drain which is a though hull. Also ! The fresh water supply for the head, the sink....

The head does not have anything under it. Fresh water pumped in, black water out. It sits on a platform.

Comment

The sink drain you are talking about is the one in the bathroom? Would water be seeping back up through? I am guessing since there was some rodent damage on the shower drain that there is some rodent damage on head pipe some where. Ya the previous owner really did not take much care of this boat. A lot of little things that have built up over some years.

Comment

Not seeping in, just leaking. Highly unlikely, but for sanity sake you can put a paper towel on the shelf and run the water. That's a really weird spot for a leak. If that were black water I would think it would be obvious.

Since you were gone and not running anything ( I assume you leave the water turned off) I am wondering about something like a rub rail leak, or even the handrail bases that is finding it's way to that low spot. If you have poked around all the closed spaces like I mentioned and don't see the source then I don't know.

What's under the step when you pull it up ?

Comment

If the boat did'nt move et there was no rain the water must come from below the water line.
              The sink drain is above it.
              Most probably something wrong with the head intake.
              CapMartin, Montr├®al
              "Belle de Dalhousie"
              1986 3270
              Volvo BB225B

Comment

yah good call. Suggest closing the head thru hull when leaving the boat. Do you have reverse cycle too ? That's another fresh water hose that runs to the front of the boat.

Comment

I closed the head thru haul. I’m thinking the intake pipe tjag comes up under the head from the thru haul is probable the culprit. That won’t be fun to replace.

Comment

Yes that intake hose is a pain to replace. I ended up cutting the lower shelf out in the vanity to aid in running my hoses. As suggested, check the handrail stachions for leaks. Did you check the porthole in the v-berth for leaks as well? Water could come from there and seep behind the closet. Just a thought.
                    "Martini's Law"
                    1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
                    Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Just another thought: if your boat has a list to that side, it might be condensation or other leakage from the fridge that runs over and collects in a low spot. If it was a one time thing you would not see evidence of the leak between fridge and water collection.
                      Unlikely, but an easy possibility to rule out..
                      '90 3288 Gas
                      Sacramento Delta, California.

Comment

Ok so I came down to look if the floor was dry and it was wet still after closing the the thru haul to the head. I checked the closet and the lower right side wall was damp. Would that

Comment

That looks to have been leaking for a while. What is the white crusty looking stuff?
                          "Martini's Law"
                          1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
                          Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

The crusty stuff was salt. So I think it is still the salt water intake hose for the head. I didn't pull it yet. The wall was wet about 6 inches up from the floor. I think the only possible think could be the head hose? It's not a porthole leak or anything. I could hear it dripping and it was behind that wall.

Comment

Don't understand. If you shut the head hose thru hull how could it still be leaking. If that's the hanging locker between the head and v berth I suppose it's possible but still weird. The head hose doesn't run there.

Comment

Working...
                              X