Puget Sound Area Carpet Installers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puget Sound Area Carpet Installers

I've read lots of threads about replacing carpet, but nobody seems to have a good recommendation for installers. Looking for recommendations in Puget Sound, I'm in Gig Harbor. Anyone have suggestions? I've tried calling Poulsbo RV and asking who they use, but they were no help.
    James
    2000 4788 | "Freedom"
    Gig Harbor, WA
    11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
    Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
    Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Try going to the normal carpet specialty stores around you. They may have some installers that will do it as a side job. I’ve got a friend that had their 42 Uniflite done and will contact them for a source.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Uppy,
      Dont forget about Craigslist:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/searc...ation&sort=rel
      Jim Gandee
      1989 3888
      Hino 175's
      Fire Escape
      [email protected]
      Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

• Uppy22
        Uppy22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd really like to find someone with marine experience, or even better, the 4788 specifically. With so many tight spaces, hatches to wrap and corners to navigate, I'm hesitant to hire someone from CL. I do love CL for a lot of things, just not sure this is one I'm comfortable with!

I used Josh Schmitt. His company is Floors FX. He did an an ok job but I thought he was a little exoensive. I think he is in Fife but he came up to Everett for my boat. His phone number is 253-232-9133 call or text.

Comment

• Uppy22
        Uppy22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. If you don't mind my asking, what did he charge for the install? You said he did an "ok job", was it only mediocre? I'm super OCD, so if you weren't thrilled with the results that's helpful to know!

Jorge Estarrona of AZTECA FLOORING 206-498-9608, has replaced the carpet on a dozen plus boats at our Club (Meydenbauer Bay), including ours last year. Does an excellent job at a great price-including removal, a real bear on most Bayliner’s. English isn’t his strong suit, but his carpet skills, fit and finish are the very best. Took 4 days on my 4087, but that’s a really difficult boat with all the stairs and levels. Machog
      1996 4087 Lazy Days
      2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
      2011 Porsche Cayman
      2010 Lexus IS 250C
      2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

• Uppy22
        Uppy22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm working with 17 year old carpet in a 4788. Would be really nice to get a fresh start. Would love your recommendation for replacing. Would be great to hear what product you used, and if you have any pictures that's always great too!

Josh charged me $1500 for my 490 but I removed the old carpet myself. Its a big job, he brought 2 guys and it took most of the day. The reason I say he did an OK job is because I am super particular and there were a couple things I noticed after he left that I thought could have been done better. Its like anything else, if you want to make sure its done right you need to be there watching and questioning. Overall, I would rate it an 8 out of 10. You save a ton by removing the old yourself - its more work than installing the new stuff. BTW, Josh does a lot of boats and RVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Joe View Post
        Josh charged me $1500 for my 490 but I removed the old carpet myself. Its a big job, he brought 2 guys and it took most of the day. The reason I say he did an OK job is because I am super particular and there were a couple things I noticed after he left that I thought could have been done better. Its like anything else, if you want to make sure its done right you need to be there watching and questioning. Overall, I would rate it an 8 out of 10. You save a ton by removing the old yourself - its more work than installing the new stuff. BTW, Josh does a lot of boats and RVs.
        Very good, thanks for the additional details. I'll add Josh to my list of potentials!
        James
        2000 4788 | "Freedom"
        Gig Harbor, WA
        11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
        Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
        Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

Working...
        X