Hino 250 HP cooling system, transmission oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hino 250 HP cooling system, transmission oil

I have a 1996 3988 with Hino 250 HP (WO6D) engines and I am looking for information about the cooling system capacity and type of antifreeze recommended as well as the capacity of the Hurth transmission and the type of oil recommended. I am not on the boat and do not have the manuals in front of me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DirtDoc

The anti-freeze can be either the green stuff or the red stuff. Hinos don't require the additives of the red stuff, but the extra additives won't hurt. Any heavy duty diesel anti-freeze brand is fine.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

hurth trans use ATF and roughly 4 qts....need to replace the filter each time as well.

Low silicate antifreeze is best due to aluminum manicooler.
      Mark
      USCG OUPV
      1990 4588
      Carlsbad, CA

Comment

This is what Earl, as you will learn truly is, the Baylinerguru, recommended to me. I flushed the heck out of my engines not knowing what coolant was in there and installed this. Earl went to the Hino schools in the ‘70’s and travels the country working on customers boats. http://www.susanmohr.com/index.html
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Good point about the trans filters. Check them for metal filings which is an indication of wear. The filters can be cleaned and re-used.
          1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Working...
          X