Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 fuse size???????

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

What size fuses are in the head access panel? Are they all the same size? My cockpit overhead lights went out. I see a fuse that is roached but even with a magnifying glass I cant see how many amps it is.

Santa Cruz CA
    1981 3270
    1991 2556

The fuses are determined by the size of the wire they are protecting. If it’s #14 wire the fuse should be 15 amp maximum. However you can put a lower amperage fuse if the circuit does not pull that much amperage. The load should be low for lighting. # 16 wire is good for 10 amps so it would be safe to start with a 10 amp fuse. I doubt that factory wiring is any lighter then # 16 gauge.
    Gibraltar, Mi.
    1986- 3870- Hino 175's
    1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
    14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

My 1983 3270 has a 12-amp fuse in the light circuit. No, the fuses are not all the same size.

You should always keep in mind that Bayliners of the age ours are have awful wiring. It is undersized and the terminal connections are poorly done. Be conservative in sizing a fuse. I found some scary stuff in both the AC and DC circuits when I completely rewired my boat.
      100T MMC 2307794

Comment

I would agree with the previous two posts. A 10 amp fuse should be enough for this circuit, assuming nothing has been added to it. if need be, bump up to 12 amp, but not more. Why did Bayliner do such a poor job with the original wiring? Maybe to keep costs down.
        1980 Bayliner 3270 "Goose Bumps"
        Twin 4.3 V6
        Coal Harbour, Vancouver

Comment

The wiring diagram for a 3270 shows that the cabin lights are served by a dark blue 14 gauge wire and protected by a 15 amp fuse. I can’t tell from the wiring diagram for sure, but on my 3218 I think the wire and fuse supply the two ceiling fixtures, the lights above the windows, the four “spotlights” and the light above the steps down to the galley.
          Dick
          Cheers
          Oceanside
          1987 3218 w/ 150 Hinos

Comment

Once again, I love this forum. Thanks you guys! I'm gonna run a 10a as a starting point.
            Santa Cruz CA
            1981 3270
            1991 2556

Comment

Working...
            X