Salon sliding door upper guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salon sliding door upper guide

I’m looking for a source for the black hard rubber like material that is mounted at the top of the exterior teak bulkhead between the salon and cockpit where the sliding door is mounted. The door rests against this piece as it slides back and forth. It’s about 1/2” wide, 3/8” tall and 5 feet long. It has a self adhesive compound on the back side for mounting. I’m refinishing the door and bulkhead and this piece is worn out. I’m thinking someone probably has replaced this piece and would have a source.

’Thanks
    Ciaran

'No Worries'
    1995 4788 w/310 hp Hino's
    Lake St. Clair Michigan

Not to be picky, but what model and year is your boat? Your description is good for size, and I’m sure you have a teak door because refinishing aluminum or plastic isn’t done that often. I’m guessing it’s probably delrin, and half the battle is what to put in a search. I did “delrin self adhesive rub strips” and here’s an example of what I got. http://www.eplastics.com/slick_strips They may be wholesale only, but it’s a start.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I purchased exact replacements for my 4087 at http://pompanettellc.com/aluminum-2000/

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
        Ciaran
        'No Worries'
        1995 4788 w/310 hp Hino's
        Lake St. Clair Michigan

Comment

I just ordered some of these delrin blocks from http://pompanettellc.com/aluminum-2000/ today. I called (717) 569-2300, ask for customer service. The door I have is on a 1995 3587. The Bayliner part number is 59575, they did ask for this but of course this is a discontinued . At that point the customer service representative ask me to go on hold for a few moments while she checked with one of there product engineers. The customer service representative came back on the line and put me through to the engineer, he was familiar with these door assemblies and I got the feeling he worked for the company when they produced these doors. So these early doors at least; all four corners are adjustable (recessed allen head machine screws). For this design the Delrin Glide block kit is: #P601-0005. If you give them this part number, it is a shelf item.
          The engineer also went on to explain the best way to install these so they won't damage and strip out. He gave the following recommendations regarding installation:
          - If possible, remove the sliding rails, slide the delrin blocks in the rails and mount the door to the blocks. Then remount the sliding rails.
          - Be sure machine screws and delrin blocks are dry and free of all oil and grease. Use Loctite on assembly.
          - Adjust bottom screws first, then the top screws. Complete adjustment before Loctite dries, be sure to not disturb door until Loctite fully dries. Without the thread locking the screw continually loosen and the blocks eventually strip out.

On a side note - I was incredibly impressed with the care and attention these folks demonstrated to get me these components. Great service!
          1995 Bayliner 3587
          Twin Hino 250HP
          Located In Sidney BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X