Golf Cart Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart Batteries

Can anyone reccomend an affordable place in the Anacortes / Seattle area to purchase golf cart batteries?
    2001 Bayliner 4788
    Underhulls
    Bow & Stern Thrusters
    330 Cummins
    Moored: Captains Cove Ladner BC

Costco. Interstate. $84.
    Tally and Vicki
    "Wickus" Meridian 341
    MMSI 338014939

Comment

There are different qualities of GC. Check their weight.
      1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Good GC2's are in the 60 lb plus range. If you can get Interstate GC's at $84 , buy all you can. I'm an Interstate dealer, and that's 40 dollars below my cost!!
        1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
        In over my head for sure!!
        M/V SKUA refit
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...contessa-refit

Comment

I've been using Costco Interstates for the last 5 years and they're holding up fine.
          Question: does interstate make more than one type of 6 volt golf cart battery?

Comment

I used costco GC batteries in my prior boat too. no problems. gr8 value. I have a related Q to what pacrimrat asks...
            what makes Trojan the holy grail of GC batteries? more lead? hype?
            Novurania 335DL. 30HP. WKRP in cincinnati. Previously: Bayliner 3818 in PNW.

Comment

Originally posted by aspen1880 View Post
              I used costco GC batteries in my prior boat too. no problems. gr8 value. I have a related Q to what pacrimrat asks...
              what makes Trojan the holy grail of GC batteries? more lead? hype?
              Check out the Ah capacity. Trojan T105's are 232 Ah rated, IIRC. US2000's are similarly rated. The local Costco in my area carried a 208 or 216 Ah rated battery, not quite as good but still pretty darn good for the $. You want as much Ah capacity as you have room for or can afford.

Comment

I hope my Costco Interstates don't melt like my Trojans did. Yes that is melted battery case.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	400131
                Attached Files
                Tally and Vicki
                "Wickus" Meridian 341
                MMSI 338014939

Comment

Yeah, Trojans have the name. Another is Ohio based Crown. Five factors in play are plate separators, weight, amp hours, discharge cycles and cost. The Trojan T-125 for example weigh 4 pounds more than Trojan T-105, have higher amp hours for the same dimensions, cost a wee bit more but have a shorter cycle life. In theory T-105's are better value. But hey, I changed T125's after 8 years and they were still going strong so pretty good value. I replaced with Mexican made ones (Costco?) that lasted 4 years before the pull of the hair dryer caved in a weak separating plate that shorted the system. I next replaced with US Battery and am in my 9th year. Will change them out for Crowns this year as 9 years is pushing it. Crowns are a little heavier and have a better warranty, but any top end battery will be good. Like most things, you get what you pay for.
                  1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Costco for Interstates and Fisheries for Dyna and I think Fisheries will ship for free over $100, but maybe not batteries.
                    P/C Pete
                    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Dyna are twice the price. I got Trojan pricing down to $150 each. I'll maintain my Interstates and if I get 4 years, I get the same value if you get 8 out of your Dyna/Trojan. I drove 4 miles to Costco. Anacortes is 50 minutes away (Trojan) and Fisheries is 90 miles. (Dyna) The choice was easy, as was core return
                      Tally and Vicki
                      "Wickus" Meridian 341
                      MMSI 338014939

Comment

Costco in Canada only carrys Kirkland batteries and the staff can't find anty reference to Golf Cart batteries or GC2 batteries when they search their data base. i tried the Costco USA site and the search engine only references cars and trucks by name. How did you order from Costco? Or did you have to wait untill they showed up on pallets in the aisle wiith special pricing?
                        2001 Bayliner 4788
                        Underhulls
                        Bow & Stern Thrusters
                        330 Cummins
                        Moored: Captains Cove Ladner BC

Comment

Originally posted by stanfromhell View Post
                          Costco in Canada only carrys Kirkland batteries and the staff can't find anty reference to Golf Cart batteries or GC2 batteries when they search their data base. i tried the Costco USA site and the search engine only references cars and trucks by name. How did you order from Costco? Or did you have to wait untill they showed up on pallets in the aisle wiith special pricing?
                          i wonder who makes Kirkland?

John McLellan White Rock BC
                          "Halifax Jack"
                          1999 2855 383 stroker BII
                          MMSI 316004337

Comment

The Costco in Salt Lake City stocks the GC batteries or did the last time I checked about a year ago. Not really sure why. We have a lot of golf courses but it seems like many of the carts are gas???
                            Last edited by Woodsea; 12-24-2017, 01:36 PM. Reason: sp
                            2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                            12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                            MV Kia Orana
                            Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Sams club sells golf cart batteries, also carries AGM golf cart battery, Duracell brand GC2 AGM.
                              Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                              Twin 350 GM power
                              Located in Seward, AK
                              Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
                              X