Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4788 PH door pile weatherstripping source?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 PH door pile weatherstripping source?

Pulled my doors to replace rollers (much better!) but need to replace the kerfed wool pile weatherstripping (looks like 5/8" but hard to tell its so worn!) that runs along the height of the door along the back.
    Lots of googling but so far no joy... any ideas on source or a suitable approach for a replacement?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave
    Chesapeake Boater
    2001 Bayliner 4788, "Adagio"

Dave, try this site. https://www.swisco.com/cl/Wool-Pile

I bought and used #58-105 for the U frame door jamb. Not sure about the size that goes in the door slot. Hope it helps. Cheers
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Great site. Going to check all of mine out today and see if they need replacing.
      BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
      5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
      Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

Please report back which part number works well for the door, mine need replacing as well.

Thanks!
        2000 Bayliner 4788 "Perfect Balance"
        370HP Cummins
        Zodiac YL 340 30HP Nissan
        Moored at Roche Harbor

Comment

Yes, please let us know – rear weather stripping on our door also needs replacing.
          GMS
          2008 Meridian 490
          2010 ArrowCat Express 30 (sold)

Comment

I see a lot of people have asked about this - but I've never seen a definitive answer given on the best pile weatherstripping fit for our Bayliner doors.

For lack of a better idea - I am going to order this in the 1/4" x 3/8" size. Hopefully it works well:
            https://amzn.to/2L5RFIm

Our 4788 has been without weatherstripping to seal any of the three sliding doors since we bought it, so I haven't been able to take an old sample out to measure so I am just guessing here.

Fingers crossed it works - if not it is cheap enough to try something else.

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove the doors to install this?

Cheers,

- Chris
            Chris & Cherie - www.technomadia.com
            "Y-Not" - 1999 Bayliner 4788
            "Zephyr" - 1961 GM PD4106 Vintage Bus RV Conversion

Full-Time nomads since 2006.
            Now spending half of each year slowly doing the Great Loop in our 4788!

Comment

After a lot of web searching I wound up with this weatherseal from swisco. There's quite a large gap at the middle of the PH doors, this fills that and compresses for the top/bottom well and the kerf locks right into the existing slot. Not sure (yet) how well it will wear compared to pile.

Dave
              Dave
              Chesapeake Boater
              2001 Bayliner 4788, "Adagio"

Comment

When we redid our PH doors, we purchased the sweeper type insulation strip from a commercial glass company. The kind that sell windows, and do stores as well. They took us into the back and we picked out the kinds we wanted and then they sold it to us by the foot. Most towns have these shops. Just look on the web.
                Patrick and Patti
                4588 Pilothouse 1991
                12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
                M/V "Paloma"
                MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Working...
                X