No announcement yet.

5788 5288 meet up? Puget Sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then Bremerton it is. I love Blake. But it is hit and miss can’t reserve anything. So could go south if some other boaters just happened to have the same idea. Side not I hooked to the 50 amp at paulsbo recently and it did trip once but other than that worked out ok. But they only have 2 50 amp outlets.

So maybe bremerton is the best option.

I’ll give them a call and shoot for a Saturday night in early March. Exciting to see a few folks wanting to meet up and would love to see three 5x88’s tied up next to each other. And the beautiful 37 W8N4SUN
    BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
    5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
    Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

Make it so Simeon! Those big boy boats are so pretty, and to have 3 or 4 in one location would be fanstastic.

Looking forward to the meetup.
      2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
      Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Relationship View Post
        Blake Island has great power with each pedestal wired with separate legs of 30a 120v. So a pigtail provides 50a of 240v.
        Blake is usually empty in the winter time with room for lots of boats.
        Bremerton (although a short trip for me) has the best power of them all with lots and lots of availability. We could all line the breakwater and have power/view and a 20’ wide dock with a huge pop up tent to boot!
        Actually this would provide 30, not 50 amp, at 240. 50 amp 240 is two legs of 50a 120. By using a pigtail of two 30A 120 you get a single 30a 240v. This method gives you 60% of the power you would get with a standard 50a 240v.
        2000 Bayliner 4788 "Perfect Balance"
        370HP Cummins
        Zodiac YL 340 30HP Nissan
        Moored at Roche Harbor

Comment

I can’t wait to see everybody....
          BJ
          OMEGA

Comment

Ok Guys, need a commitment :-)
            I just called Bremerton and they have space on the 10th March (Saturday)
            I can pay the reservation fee (non refundable $5 per boat) and you guys can see me right when we get there, then you just pay for your slip when you arrive
            a bargain $1 per foot and $4 for power

SO JUST NEED A CONFIRMATION YOU CAN MAKE MARCH 10th Check in on Saturday and check out on Sunday
            Here's who I have so far. please confirm quick and i'll get us the spots tied up

BJ (igiftmon) 5788 60' LOA
            ERIK (Relationship) 5788 60' LOA
            ??? (Elnido) 5288 54' LOA <is that right on LOA)
            Bong (W8N4SUN) 3788 40' LOA

Any others wanting to join let me know- be fun to get a 4788 along too.

Let me know folks..

we'd be in the yellow highlighted areas on the map..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Bremerton.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	410519

Comment

Ugh, we'll be at a weddings hat weekend. Oh well, take lots of pics.
              2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
              Seattle, WA

Comment

Omega will be there....

BJ
                OMEGA

Comment

Bong- shame !
                  BJ- Awesome, will call them Monday. other folks, let me know???

Comment

Quick note, we made it to Poulsbo for the Winter Rendezvouz and power is working!

You all will need to do another gathering so we can join, would love to meet everyone and talk big boat....
                    2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
                    Seattle, WA

Comment

I talked to a friend from Tacoma about coming up with his new 5288...Unfortunately, he’s still doing some upgrades on thier new (to them) 5288 so he won’t be able to make it with his boat. However, he said they might be able to come up by car and hang out for the day.
                      BJ
                      OMEGA

Comment

I need a couple weeks to confirm. Getting from Port Orchard to Bremerton is easy. Its the getting from Phx to Port Orchard and work is crazy right now.. I will do my best to make this happen!!!!! (Fingers crossed)
                        Erik, Julie, Josh, Molly, Blake and Luke
                        M/V "Miracle"
                        2002 5288
                        Port Orchard Yacht Club

Previous Vessels:
                        1977 36' Blue Sea Tri Cabin Trawler
                        1992 19' Bluewater Riviera

Comment

• igiftmon
                          igiftmon commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ya just gotta make it...

• simbad
                          simbad commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do it ! Do it !

Ok booked 2 slips for the 10th they have tons of room if anyone else wants to meet up.
                        BJ looking forward to it.

Comment

Ok so I’m super super bummed! I was 100% in! Sooooooo yesterday I got a call from a friend who is also in my yacht club (Port Orchard), who explained that the wind storm wreaked havoc on my boathouse. Ripped the curtain off the front and the boat actually ripped the cleats off the boathouse, it also sheared off two 2x6 studs and the front spreader bar. This boathouse was built brand new in 2012, it’s solid. Even hearing this I planned on making the trip. Today he called me in a panic and informed me the boathouse was moments away from completely collapsing on the boat. So an emergency work party team assembled and got to work. After several hours, work float barges and come alongs and ratchet straps they were able to resquare and save the boathouse. I’ve attached the pictures and you can see the neighbors boathouse is what was keeping it from collapsing.
                          Im very very lucky to belong to such a great club and have so many great people looking after her when I’m gone. So Miracle is stuck In place until I can have the boathouse professionally fixed the insurance adjuster will be there on Monday. Sorry for the long story...........I just don’t want to be kicked outta the club . Erik

PS I was so looking forward to an awesome group drone shot
                          Erik, Julie, Josh, Molly, Blake and Luke
                          M/V "Miracle"
                          2002 5288
                          Port Orchard Yacht Club

Previous Vessels:
                          1977 36' Blue Sea Tri Cabin Trawler
                          1992 19' Bluewater Riviera

Comment

Omg, Erik... that’s horrible...

Hopefully, your boat house can get repaired enough to get out to the get-together March 10, still... but regardless, rest assured, you’ll always be part of the club... I’m just glad Miracle didn’t sustain any damage ...

We’ll I’ll keep our fingers crossed you can make it...even if by car to say hello...

~BJ
                            BJ
                            OMEGA

Comment

Wow what a nightmare. So sorry to hear that. Let us know if there’s any chance you can make it after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X