Side Power Thrusters Customer Support and Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Power Thrusters Customer Support and Troubleshooting

I want to give a public thanks to Ray LaVoie at IMTRA (Side Power).

I have a thruster which currently only goes to starboard. I was dreading trying to troubleshoot this on my own but was still scouring the internet to try to figure out where to start. Based on stuff I had read here (but can't currently find), I called their number (508 995 7000) and asked for tech support. Ray was the guy I got forwarded to. After about 15 min on the phone with him guiding me around the components, we had the issue troubleshot and I had part numbers in my email of what needed to be replaced. He saved me ~1-2h of tech time to diagnose the issue ($'s) and was incredibly patient with me while I improvised a jumper and crawled around the boat.

I haven't called too many customer service lines in my career as a consumer- mostly from dreading the stereotypically useless customer service interaction. This was the spectral opposite. He was a pleasure to deal with and clearly knew his product in detail.

Thank you Ray.

Chris
    Chris & Bethany
    Sleep Walk - 1999 4788 w/330 Cummins
    New to us in October 2017
    Moored in Anacortes, WA

Sold: 1994 2855 Rosalita 7.4L B2 2013-2017

I had a similar interaction with Ray last summer on my bow thruster. He walked my thru the process of freeing up and cleaning the brushes. Thruster works great now!
    2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
    12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
    MV Kia Orana
    Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

I had a similar experience, which is documented here: http://www.meridianyachtowners.com/t...098/#post57482
      Their documentation is excellent, as well. Checking brushes: http://www.imtra.com/Collateral/Docu...or_brushes.pdf
      The brushes can be hard to get out. I chipped one last time I pulled one out. I bought replacements at Fisheries in Seattle as they were the lowest price I could find. I have them for spares.
      Tally and Vicki
      "Wickus" Meridian 341
      MMSI 338014939

Comment

Working...
      X