43.88 anybody else have one??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

43.88 anybody else have one??????

See a lot of post on 32s 39s 45s 47s but never on the 43,88 anybody out there have pics and story's on there 43s. have had mine for 3 yrs now and love it.
    1993 43.88 bayliner motoryatch

Well joe...

Please tell us about your boat, and post a photo or two.

Nothing better than hearing abut a boat from a happy owner!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

I like the 4388 with its floorplan. It's on my future consideration list if and when we decide to move up. I too want to hear more about this model.
      Sea Venture
      2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
      Cruising the PNW and beyond.
      DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
      MMSI 316029971

Kirk
      Drinks well with others.

Comment

I'd like to know about ER access. How tight compared to a 4588 for example. How does it run? Sweet spots and consumption?

Only two 4387 on Yachtworld.
        Irony
        1989 Bayliner 4588 - EH700TI
        Portsmouth, NH

Comment

• SprinterX
          SprinterX commented
          Editing a comment
          you know the 4388 and the 4387 are different models right

Kwood
        a very good friend had a 4388 and I swear I could dance in it(if I knew how) almost stand up like a human as compared to my 45 (slither on your belly like a snake),but sure hard to beat that pilot house.Engine access is thru door in aft deck or in salon center hatch, the 4387 is an aft stateroom,my friends had 315 Hinos ran at 16/18 kts all day,great boat and design.
        Last edited by brad4550; 12-13-2017, 12:51 PM. Reason: more info
        Brad & Sharon
        Lady Jake
        1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
        Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

We owned a 4387 for over 10 years. Great boat. I thought it would be my last until the Admiral saw a 490 she liked. The 4388 has a similar hull and running gear and similar performance but I like the layout of the 4388 better. The 4387 has a lot of stairs but the advantage is very private staterooms each with their own heads.

Comment

Reasons for purchasing her. We entertain a lot so lots of room in solon and 1 step up galley with plenty of head room. forward berth very roomy and sleep well, guest bed sleeps well but hard for a older person to crawl out of with out cramping up( get it). Engine room very roomy for a 43foot boat, even the port and starboard sides of the engines are tight but very workable compared to other bayliners. Has the 250 hinos they run best for fuel at 18 hundred at 9 to 10 knots, get 6.5 gal hr. Have had her up to 26 knots at 28 hundred just to see what she had, would not recommend but have to get wind in the face one in a while short burst, ya got ta get the carbon out? run most of the time from below great visibility. She not so good in rough following seas if you cant keep up with them. I will take some pic and post my improvements. To watch for if purchasing, soft around front windows, soft around rudders, I was lucky to find one in the pacific northwest without soft spots. All in all great comfortable, running, affordable boat. We love her.
            1993 43.88 bayliner motoryatch

Comment

• FireWater
              FireWater commented
              Editing a comment
              26 knots? wow, I've got a 91 with 250 hinos, I had it at 17 knots today @ 2800...I'm wondering what props you have to get it to run that fast?

That's good info. Thanks. My search for 4588 is not going well so time to look at something else.
            Irony
            1989 Bayliner 4588 - EH700TI
            Portsmouth, NH

Comment

Working...
            X