4588... Bought it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4588... Bought it!

Its a true fixer upper. Not much works besides the motors and the generator. But I've always wanted a 45xx. Having it shipped back to Lake Lanier in the next month where I will begin, room by room, updating and modifying extensively to bring her back to better than before. She has a spongy aft deck on the flybridge, all teak needs to be redone, a few leaks throughout the boat....I have ideas about installing a tv lift in the salon so that we can have a big tv but not have to look at it all day long. A hard top...Lots of stuff...which will beget lots of questions...however I will try to document every thing I do as I go along.

Congratulations Jeff,

You will have a great time working on this project. Make sure you take before and after pictures. That's something I always forget to do and regret it after things are completed.
    Gibraltar, Mi.
    1986- 3870- Hino 175's - Just purchased May ,2017
    34' Tollycraft- sold
    88 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
    14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Way to go Jeff!! This will be a great project for all the rest of us "45" hunters wondering just what it will take to bring these terrific "45"s back to full life. Wonder if you have the two budgets in mind. You and your expected man hours on the project, and, of course, the financial budget, ultimate dollars invested and guesstimate of worth when done.
      Joseph P Smith aka Joe

Comment

That is Fantastic!

Please document her restoration.

As a FYI, we have a Blog feature that might work well for you, if you are inclined to share.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Jeff,
          Congratulations. Which marina you going to keep her at on Lanier? There are a number of 45 and 47 owners here on BOC that are on Lanier...myself included.
          ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Comment

I have a SeaRay 42' aft at Holiday, which I'm selling. The 4588 will live on E dock at Holiday. I've seen your boat before I'm the delivery Captain for Singleton and I brought a boat over to Bald Ridge, which is where I think you are.

I think there are a couple of 4588's on U dock at Holiday, I just moved Bud's 4550 from Holiday down to Hilton Head this past weekend.

Comment

Congrats we have had our 45 now 2 years and love it. There is always a project but it's all good. Keep the posts coming with your refit.

Comment

Congrats!!! Bringing a yacht back to something your dreams are made of, is a true labor of love... The 4588 is a great boat. My previous boat was a 4588 and I loved every second I put into her...

BJ
                OMEGA
                BJ
                OMEGA

Comment

Congratulations rom one Jeff to another!
                  PuraVidaTN
                  2008 490 Pilothouse
                  Proud member of the Vol Navy

Comment

• jeff_perfater
                    jeff_perfater commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your mama named you well

That's great, Jeff. You'll have a heck of good time refurbishing that baby and probably learn quite a bit about that series before it's all said and done. Sounds like a great project and I'll bet you can't wait to get started. Keep us posted with pictures and updates if you would please. . . .. we live thru others postings during this time of year.
                  1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
                  Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
                  WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
                  James H. Stradling

Comment

Congrats! From one of the U-Dock guys at Lake Lanier! We have a wealth of knowledge on these boats.

Coady

Comment

• jeff_perfater
                      jeff_perfater commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe I'll have plenty of questions Coady !

Fantastic, Enjoy... nothing better then messing about in boats. George

Comment

Congratulations! I personally think the 45/47 is one of the best designs on the market for its size and value. We bought ours as a project 3.5 years ago. I’ve done most of the work. About two thousand hours of love have gone into her. I call in an expert when I’m over my pay grade. Almost all the work was enjoyable if a guy likes working on projects. Some frustrations here and there. Virtually everything takes longer than I thought. Sometimes a lot longer! The list is much shorter now! You will find lots of help on BOC. Enjoy the journey!!!
                      2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                      12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                      MV Kia Orana
                      Currently Alameda CA

Comment

• jeff_perfater
                        jeff_perfater commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you...looking forward to it....I think
                    Working...
                    X