new 3258 owner in seattle-gctid401059

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new 3258 owner in seattle-gctid401059

Just purchased a new to us 2000 3258 in Seattle. Starting to go thru it to get it up to top shape again. Does anyone have a source for the shift and throttle cables. The ones on it work OK, but seem a little stiff to me. I have not chased them yet. Can they be lubed.

Welcome, and congrats on your new vessel!

The cables are available at any chandlery (Fisheries Supply, West Marine, Go2Marine, Defender, etc). Pretty simple to remove and replace.

Comment

Thank you Pete. I live in Idaho, but all my kids and grandkids live in Seattle. I have been dragging what ever boat I happen to own at the time back and forth. This year decided enough. Time to buy a bigger boat and keep it there. This is my first venture into the world of cruisers. Still working at getting a complete set of books and manuals.

Comment

your kids and grandkids will love this boat, We like our old boat a lot, As far as the shifter cables go its a Bayliner thing, they seem to have used the same controls on everything from a 24 ft on up. (Junk IMO) Do you have the bigger 4cyd Cummins?
        1988 3270
        135 hinos
        Seldovia ALASKA
        KEVINS UPHOLSTERY
        KEVINSBOATTOPS.COM
        Marine canvas/Upholstery
        since 1975

Comment

The Teleflex cables are decent-they just wear out over time, that's all. Going with electronic controls may be something you want to consider (pricey).

You'll love just jumping in the boat and going vice towing, launching, retrieving, and towing home.....

Comment

Thank you for the information. Next trip I'm going to just replace them and be done with that. The boat has 5.7's in it. I'm sure I'll have other questions as I go along. These forums are a great source of information

Comment

Congratulations.

You'll love the boat. We have a 1997 3258 and its a great family and ocean going vessel. Post some photos when you get a chance.

Cheers

Comment

We purchased a 2000 3258 last fall and love the layout and performance. Let me know if you have any questions about this model.

Comment

Working...
                X