air filter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air filter

The filter element on my air filters to my hino 150s are falling apart and no one in my area seems to have an answer as to what to use or where to get new.
    So here I am asking the boc members who have been through this
    What have you used for filter elements? unit is about 5 1/2" diameter by about 2 1/2" wide
    Maple Bay Yacht Club
    1990 3288 "Allure" w/150 hino x 2
    2004 Campion 622 fish killing machine "Knucklebuster", 150 yammy 4 stroke

You're lucky. They are just up the Island highway: https://www.marinepartssupply.com
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Have you considered going to K&N’s? I have them on my 175’s and they are great.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I just put K and N filters on my 135’s. Ordered them on line from K&N $56 with tax and shipping. Gone are the foam stips around the edge of the filters that collect oil and leave a nasty stain on the side of any shirt or coat I wear in the engine room. K&N say they will last up to 1 million miles. RA-0650. One of the reasons I changed out the OEM filters was the corrosion on the screen. If that scrren failed, it would go straight into the turbo and trach it or the engine.
        Jim
        1988 3270
        1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks. Looks like I'm going with the K&N
          Maple Bay Yacht Club
          1990 3288 "Allure" w/150 hino x 2
          2004 Campion 622 fish killing machine "Knucklebuster", 150 yammy 4 stroke

Comment

Can anyone tell me the part number for the K&N filter for the naturally aspirated Hino 175? I'm 1100 kilometers away from my vessel so can't do the measuring needed to ID size, I would like to order one or two before heading back to the vessel this spring? Thanks
            16' lap straight with B&S inboard, my 1st commercial fishing adventure
            17' run about with original 80ph Volvo, fun with some exploration of the coast
            25' Chris Craft - lots of fun exploring further north on the BC coast
            32' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
            41' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
            38' Permaglass commercial salmon troller - freezer boat, harder work & fun
            1987 3870 with 175 Hinos - back to mostly fun again & exploration

Comment

RU 0960 is the K&N P/N
              cheers Roy
              SE Alaska
              1988 3818
              EH 700
              Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

• Steadfast70
                Steadfast70 commented
                Editing a comment
                Roy Thanks for the information.
                John
                Powell River BC

So I recently purchased the K&N RA-0650 filters to replace the factory air filters on my 110 hp, naturally aspirated Hinos. Looking at the stock setup, there is a hose coming from the stock air filter housing that goes to the fuel/water separator unit that is mounted on the motor. What do you do with this hose if you change out the stock air cleaner for the K&N? Thanks.
              Keith
              1986 3270, twin 110 Hinos
              Olympia, WA

Comment

K&N has fittings you purchase seperately for that. Different sizes available. Look an their website under flame arrestors.
                Doug
                1995 496cu in. 2859 Bravo ll
                The Doghouse
                Prince George BC

Comment

Do diesels have flame arrestors? I thought that was for gas motors only that have carburetors.............
                  Keith
                  Olympia, WA

Comment

The website shows a plastic 90deg fitting with the RA0650 filter. They have many different types of fittings for different applications.
                    Doug
                    1995 496cu in. 2859 Bravo ll
                    The Doghouse
                    Prince George BC

Comment

I would recommend S&B Filters: https://www.sbfilters.com/ over the K & N brand. S&B uses silicon rubber, which is much better than urethane rubber. The filters are better at protecting your engine and maximizing performance. Happy New Year!!!
                      2002 4788/Cummins 330s
                      SF Bay Area

Comment

Originally posted by sketch96 View Post
                        The website shows a plastic 90deg fitting with the RA0650 filter. They have many different types of fittings for different applications.
                        sketch96,

Thank you. I see now the fitting that you are talking about and from the picture I can see where the 90 degree elbow attaches at the base. Completely missed it when I took a prior look. Guess this is where the hose would attach.
                        Keith
                        Olympia, WA

Comment

I just installed the 0650's on my 135's. There was no hose going between the factory air filter assembly to the water separator. Guess I better research this !
                          1987 3218 135 hp Hino's
                          Bremerton Yacht Club
                          '07 Guzzi Norge

Comment

Originally posted by fjfool View Post
                            I just installed the 0650's on my 135's. There was no hose going between the factory air filter assembly to the water separator. Guess I better research this !
                            There is no hose coming from the water separator - there is a crankcase breather hose that is positioned right near the air filter element to reduce engine room slop.
                            Northport NY

Comment

Working...
                            X